Main Menu

Uniform visability

Started by desert rat, February 19, 2007, 07:30:03 PM

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: floridacyclist on February 28, 2007, 09:24:31 PM
Maybe have the team lay out their panels?

Some of those cheap disposable ponchos can be pretty visible too.

I guess lighting an oil tanker truck on fire would not be acceptable huh?

My frustration level was high enough that had you suggested it then, I would have seriously considered it.

I mean, if you can't spot 5 people wearing orange vests, lighting off orange smoke, standing next to a big white van AND radioing you instructions on where to look, how in the h*** are you gonna see a Cessna 150 in the grass with its wings broken off?
Another former CAP officer

floridacyclist

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on February 28, 2007, 09:50:14 PM
I'm tempted to point out that a bush hat would have a chin strap to prevent prop wash from blowing it away, but we've had 7 pages so far on that thread, and I don't want to go there anymore.

I had actually already replied that he should have had a chinstrap on it then realized that the previous poster had replied to someone else...so I didn't go there either :)

Either way, he wasn't in danger....he was downwind from the taxiway with a big grass field behind him, and the aircraft turned to the right (downwind) after passing him, so propblast wasn't an issue either. He would have probably beet at greater risk from the sun than he was from being chewed up by chasing his hat out onto the taxiway.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org