Cadet Recruiter Ribbon

Started by desert rat, February 19, 2007, 03:56:22 AM

desert rat

Can a cadet help recruit members for another states squadron and earn the ribbon?   A cadet I know has recruited 4 kids while on vacation to another state, if the commander of the unit verifies it can his current unit's leader award the ribbon?

More accurate topic title - MIKE

Pylon

Quote from: desert rat on February 19, 2007, 03:56:22 AM
Can a cadet help recruit members for another states squadron and earn the ribbon?   A cadet I know has recruited 4 kids while on vacation to another state, if the commander of the unit verifies it can his current unit's leader award the ribbon?

It doesn't matter where the recruiting took place.  CAP is one organization.

The cadet who did the recruiting should get the names of the new people he recruited, fill out a CAPF 2A for the Cadet Recruiting Ribbon for himself, and present it to his chain of command for approval.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

A copy of the page of the CAPF 12 or 15 for each new member with the recruiting cadets name and info included on it would certainly help.
Mike Johnston

DNall

CAP is a national organization, not a series of state organizations that share the same name... meaning yes of course it counts, it doesn't matter where they join. You should have some sort of verification, but it's a Sq approval level award to the best of my knowledge. The new members in question should have written on their applications that this cadet referred them, but you won't have easy access to that. An email or any other document from the other CC verifying the fact to your CC's satisfaction is plenty. Attach that to the 2a & drop it in their file.

DNall

Quote from: Pylon on February 19, 2007, 04:00:55 AM
It doesn't matter where the recruiting took place.  CAP is one organization.
Hey, I was just typing that.  ;D

Major Carrales

Is there anyway to determine ho wmany people you have actually recruited?

I mean, I asume that the "Person Most Responsible" section of the CAPF 12 and CAPF 15.  But is it documented anywhere?

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Pylon

Quote from: Major Carrales on February 19, 2007, 05:07:10 AM

I mean, I asume that the "Person Most Responsible" section of the CAPF 12 and CAPF 15.  But is it documented anywhere?

Like many personnel things in CAP, you track for yourself.

I had records from when I was a cadet of a handful of people I recruited.  But I didn't keep copies, and over a number of years and a unit transfer, those old CAPF 2As are gone with nothing to show for the recruits.  *shrug*

Always keep copies.  That's the only way you can be sure you've gotten everything to which you are entitled.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

By the way Cadet Recruiting Ribbon I think you're talking about. Membership is a SM ribbon for completing level I.

Hey, never mind, got fixed.  ;D

Major Carrales

Quote from: Pylon on February 19, 2007, 05:13:11 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on February 19, 2007, 05:07:10 AM

Like many personnel things in CAP, you track for yourself.

I had records from when I was a cadet of a handful of people I recruited.  But I didn't keep copies, and over a number of years and a unit transfer, those old CAPF 2As are gone with nothing to show for the recruits.  *shrug*

Always keep copies.  That's the only way you can be sure you've gotten everything to which you are entitled.

Thanks...

There was a while, "Membership 2000," when they would publish a list in CAP News of the "leaders" in recruiting. I assumed there was a master list.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RiverAux

I don't know how many people for whom I've been their first contact who got them to come to a meeting (a dozen or two?), but the local personnel officer, who fills out all the paperwork, always lists himself as the person most responsible on the forms.  Perhaps he is since he "sealed the deal", but the criteria have always seemed vague to me on this one.  To me the biggest accomplishment is getting a potential recruit to a meeting.  Once they're there our stats indicate we've got a very good chance of actually having them sign up.