Does Staffing an Encampment Count for Promotion Moral Leadership (CDI) ?

Started by seacoastSM, August 04, 2012, 03:41:49 PM

seacoastSM

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else - didn't see it in my quick and dirty search.

Does staffing an encampment meet the Moral Leadership (CDI) requirement for promotion?  I could not find a direct reference in any regulation.  Only clue is a reference on the Cadet Promotions Track Report visible to the cadet in question.  The report visible to CP seniors does not reference encampment as an option for the moral leadership requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Eclipse

What would staffing an encampment have to do with CDI, beyond the fact that some CDI is required curriculum for the basics?

"That Others May Zoom"

seacoastSM

I don't know.  I am reporting what is on the "Cadet Promotions Track Report" visible to the cadet (which I have seen as well).

My intent is not to start a "discussion" of the merits of the question....just the facts and a pointer to any applicable regulation.

Eclipse

Fair enough.

No, staffing an encampment does not meet the CDI requirement for promotion.

Encampment "participation" is only tracked by NHQ at the bare minimum via the CAPF 20 submitted by the State Director.  It does not
separate basics from other staff, only participation.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

The answer is, it depends.

CDI is a required component of the encampment curriculum.  If the staff member received CDI contact, by virtue of participating in those portions, then yes, it meets the promotion requirements.

If the staff member just happened to be at the encampment, but didn't participate in the CDI portions, then no.

Getting documentation should be as easy as contacting the person who ran the CDI portion and asking for documentation.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

lordmonar

+1

We have a CDI sesson every month at my squadron....with a seperate sign in sheet.  Just because you were at the meeting does not mean you get credit for attandance.

Having said that.....if a CDI session was held at encampent (as is it should have)....and your cadet attened that session in his capacity of staff (say he was a FLt Sgt or something)....then yes....he should recreive credit for it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP