Squadron Sarex

Started by Maj Alfred, July 22, 2012, 07:42:37 PM

Maj Alfred

Does anyone know how one would go about hosting a squadron sarex? I dont know where to find the information to do so. Please and thank you
Ronnel Alfred, Capt, C.A.P.
Wright Brothers      4849           30 Sep 2005
Billy Mitchell           55282         20 Nov 2006
Amelia Earhart       13826          20 Apr 2007

Maj Alfred

compete with mission number

Spaceman3750

Work with your chain of command. The mission and activity approval processes are different for each wing. At a minimum, have an idea of what you want to do (op order maybe?), when you want to do it, and where it will be done.

Maj Alfred

We have a location and topics to be offered.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Capt Alfred on July 22, 2012, 07:42:37 PM
Does anyone know how one would go about hosting a squadron sarex? I dont know where to find the information to do so. Please and thank you
You can upload the request into WMIRS if you have the authority, otherwise (at least in our wing) the ops/training plan get sent to the Wing ES Training Officer who reviews and initially approves, and will enter into WMIRS as an attachment to a short narrative or actually entered as a narrative.
RM 

SarDragon

To make the best use of training funds, it should be open to all units in your group. In CAWG, we are no longer allowed to restrict funded SAREXs to just one unit.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Walkman

In MIWG we do an Ops Plan prior to getting approval for a training mission number. Aside from the paperwork aspect, I've found that it's an excellent way to wrap your head around what needs to happen to pull off a training event. I'll send you a couple different formats I've done.

In my experience doing these, one stumbling block I come across is attendance. It's similar to pulling off a successful open house, you'll need to get 3x as many "confirmed" attendees as you really want to have there. Many will tell you they will attend, but won't show up. If you're not careful, you can easily end up with 4 trainers and 2 trainees.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

There is a handy SAREX planning guide at our ES Resources page at https://sites.google.com/site/cawgesrerources/resources?pli=1.

I'll be updating it some day :)

P.S. Why do you have two blank Air Search and Rescue Ribbons?

Garibaldi

Quote from: Mission Pilot on July 23, 2012, 04:23:58 AM
There is a handy SAREX planning guide at our ES Resources page at https://sites.google.com/site/cawgesrerources/resources?pli=1.

I'll be updating it some day :)

I think that's the background color because if they are ASAR ribbons they are in the wrong place
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Maj Alfred

Quote from: Mission Pilot on July 23, 2012, 04:23:58 AM

HAHA I never noticed, yea its the background :D