Coming: The New & Improved CadetStuff.org

Started by NIN, April 16, 2012, 11:57:30 PM

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: coudano on June 18, 2013, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: Knight1427 on June 18, 2013, 07:47:11 PM
11 years? I knew about the site, but not about 11 years of inactivity! It's about time the site got an update!

Volunteering for the job? :)
I would.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Cap'n

On the topic of CadetStuff... Did anyone happen to save a copy of their study guides for milestone exams? I can't find them on the new site, and remembered them being incredibly helpful on my WB.

Testing for my Mitchell when I get back in-state, and need all the help I can get.

coudano

http://archive.cadetstuff.org

Although I'm not at all sure if the guides cover the current textbook set.

Knight1427

Quote from: coudano on June 18, 2013, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: Knight1427 on June 18, 2013, 07:47:11 PM
11 years? I knew about the site, but not about 11 years of inactivity! It's about time the site got an update!

Volunteering for the job? :)

Ha ha, I don't know how to script but if I did maybe.  :)

NIN

Believe it or not, there is little/no scripting involved.

The absolute hardest part of doing CadetStuff over the last 12 years has been, hands down, CONTENT.   It doesn't grow on trees and you have to literally go out and beat it out of people. :)

Seriously.

We don't have a staff of writers sitting around in a bullpen bouncing ideas off one another with frisbees and kooshballs for idle distraction.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: NIN on June 19, 2013, 09:39:19 PM
Believe it or not, there is little/no scripting involved.

The absolute hardest part of doing CadetStuff over the last 12 years has been, hands down, CONTENT.   It doesn't grow on trees and you have to literally go out and beat it out of people. :)

Seriously.

We don't have a staff of writers sitting around in a bullpen bouncing ideas off one another with frisbees and kooshballs for idle distraction.

One of these days I'll write something about ES for you guys.

NIN

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 19, 2013, 09:41:33 PM

If I had a buck for every time someone told me that....  :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: NIN on June 19, 2013, 09:57:07 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 19, 2013, 09:41:33 PM

You'd have at least $1. >:D

NIN

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 19, 2013, 10:01:20 PM

I think I'd have $75 or $100 by now. Seriously.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Spaceman3750

Quote from: NIN on June 20, 2013, 01:55:06 AM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 19, 2013, 10:01:20 PM

I think I'd have $75 or $100 by now. Seriously.

Article on qualification steps (lots of people seem to have trouble with this) written, sitting in GDocs. Will proof Thursday and send in.

Will this reset the counter? >:D

NIN

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 20, 2013, 05:21:05 AM
Article on qualification steps (lots of people seem to have trouble with this) written, sitting in GDocs. Will proof Thursday and send in.

Will this reset the counter? >:D

Keep in mind, CadetStuff is more angled toward cadet-specific topics and not necessarily CAP-specific topics (although there is a lot of CAP tone or slant to the articles) like ES.  I mean, beggars can't be choosers really, but we really should have gotten SARStuff off the ground.  :P

http://www.cadetstuff.org/contribute/

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Perez

I tried to send an article submission just after I graduated PJOC, but for some reason it never went through the system or something to that effect. I just got back from APJOC, maybe I'll write a piece about it.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

NIN

Quote from: Perez on July 02, 2013, 05:47:17 PM
I tried to send an article submission just after I graduated PJOC, but for some reason it never went through the system or something to that effect. I just got back from APJOC, maybe I'll write a piece about it.

email to submissions@cadetstuff.org or editor@cadetstuff.org

I'm sure we'd still take it.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

nomiddlemas

Awesome thanks.  I have been in CAP for about a year.  Cant wait to join up.  Ill spread the word.