2012 Combat Control Orientation Course

Started by Spartan, February 28, 2012, 10:08:22 PM

RogueLeader

Quote from: Spartan on May 07, 2012, 08:00:27 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on May 06, 2012, 08:24:53 PM
How many applications have you received so far?

I know time is getting close. I wish I could be there again.

I'm not filling the XO job this year.  Too much work to do that and college.  I will get with the XO and get back to you about the number of applications.  Last year, we had 147 applications in various levels of completion from an e-mail with an unsigned CAPF 31 to complete applications with all the waivers attached a few days after the application window opened.

I knew you weren't filling the XO slot, but you are closer to the action than I am. ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spartan

There is one week remaining until the application window closes for this year's CCOC.  Don't miss out by missing the deadline!

RogueLeader

Time is getting close to get your application in.  Too many have missed out on selection because they were past the deadline.

Good luck to all the applicants.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Patterson

When do you think selection anouncements will go out?  Thanks!!

RogueLeader

If the past is any indicator, around the end of may.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spartan

Quote from: Patterson on May 13, 2012, 12:42:40 PM
When do you think selection anouncements will go out?  Thanks!!
The selection board will release its results no later than 1 June.  Recipients of primary and secondary slots will becontacted by the XO via E-Mail.

Spartan

Today is the last day to submit your application for the 2012 Combat Control Orientation Course.  Please ensure that your application is submitted and post marked or time stamped prior to 2359:29 today, 15 May 2012.  Exceptions will be up to the discretion of the XO, and must be based on extraordinary circumstances.  "I waited until the last minute" and "Other activities extend their deadlines, so I think CCOC is going to do the same" are not extraordinary circumstances.

Please ensure your application consists of a minimum of:
-A CAPF 31 with all necessary signatures
-A physical assessment worksheet with a PASS in ALL events, certified by your squadron commander or their representative.

If you submit your application via ccoc-xo@ncwg.cap.gov, please make sure it is in JPG or PDF format, and that it is a clear legible scan.

In all cases, please retain a copy of your application.  The CCOC staff is human, and dispite all our best efforts, we make mistakes.

RogueLeader

I hope you have a better percentage of acceptable applications this year. And no pencil whipped pt tests. That just takes slots from qualified applicants >:(
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spartan

Quote from: RogueLeader on May 15, 2012, 09:54:48 PM
pencil whipped pt tests.
The word has been spreading that CCOC will send you home if you do not pass the physical assessment on day 1.  It does not matter if you were a PT stud in January, or if you barely passed your physical assessment on May 14.  If you do not pass the physical assessment, you're out.  Pencil whipped physical assessments are easy to spot after the first event of the physical assessment.

I hope this year breaks the trend, and we have all 20 slots filled, and all 20 students complete CCOC.  Each class has had people sent home.  Most of them for physical assessment failures.

RogueLeader

I know it is easy to spot, but then it takes a slot from someone actually qualified.

To all applicants:  don't be that guy that steals a slot by pencil whipping your pt test. If you did and got accepted; have some integrity and dismiss yourself from the course.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340