2012 Combat Control Orientation Course

Started by Spartan, February 28, 2012, 10:08:22 PM

abdsp51

Unfortunately their webpage is having difficulties.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

abdsp51

That page is working sir, the other site that I was able to find was not.

Spartan

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 05, 2012, 03:25:16 AM
Dumb question: you talk about the PT requirements, but I can't seem to find them.

-Go to www.capcombatcontrol.com
-Place your mouse cursor over Course Information
-Click Apply Here
-Click the hyperlink "Click here for the physical assessment worksheet"

All the instructions for the physical assessment events are on pages 2 and 3 of the document.

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 05, 2012, 04:32:15 AM
I think there is swimming as part in CCOC.

Yes, there is a 200 meter swim portion of the physical assessment

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 05, 2012, 07:14:02 AM

The old website was phased out this year.

AngelWings

Quote from: Spartan on April 05, 2012, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 05, 2012, 03:25:16 AM
Dumb question: you talk about the PT requirements, but I can't seem to find them.

-Go to www.capcombatcontrol.com
-Place your mouse cursor over Course Information
-Click Apply Here
-Click the hyperlink "Click here for the physical assessment worksheet"

All the instructions for the physical assessment events are on pages 2 and 3 of the document.

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 05, 2012, 04:32:15 AM
I think there is swimming as part in CCOC.

Yes, there is a 200 meter swim portion of the physical assessment

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 05, 2012, 07:14:02 AM

The old website was phased out this year.
What happens if somebody (like me) can't swim?

RogueLeader

Learn. Otherwise it is a no-go. All events are mandatory, a failure on any event will disqualify your application.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spartan

Quote from: Littleguy on April 05, 2012, 07:07:13 PM

We had a guy in 2010 beat the pool into submission.  It wasn't pretty.  Most people swim with an open hand formed into a paddle.  He swam with closed fists and had terrible form.  It is possible to not be a good swimmer and still get into CCOC. 

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 05, 2012, 07:16:37 PM
Learn. Otherwise it is a no-go. All events are mandatory, a failure on any event will disqualify your application.

This is correct.  If you can't do it, learn, practice and give it your all on the assessment.  There is still a lot of time to get your application with your physical assessment turned in.  Get swimming and work on improving your ability in that area.  If you can't do it this year, train and prepare yourself for next year. 

Don't pencil whip your assessment.  We have had a few people send in glowing physical assessments, and they left CCOC after they failed the physical assessment on day one.  We are not shy about sending physical assessment failures home, as soon as possible, and at their expense.

AngelWings

Quote from: Spartan on April 05, 2012, 11:54:59 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on April 05, 2012, 07:07:13 PM

We had a guy in 2010 beat the pool into submission.  It wasn't pretty.  Most people swim with an open hand formed into a paddle.  He swam with closed fists and had terrible form.  It is possible to not be a good swimmer and still get into CCOC. 

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 05, 2012, 07:16:37 PM

This is correct.  If you can't do it, learn, practice and give it your all on the assessment.  There is still a lot of time to get your application with your physical assessment turned in.  Get swimming and work on improving your ability in that area.  If you can't do it this year, train and prepare yourself for next year. 

Don't pencil whip your assessment.  We have had a few people send in glowing physical assessments, and they left CCOC after they failed the physical assessment on day one.  We are not shy about sending physical assessment failures home, as soon as possible, and at their expense.
I still have to go to encampment, but I've never been a strong swimmer. Luckily I have access to a beach. I just wanted to get an idea of what I needed to work on and what is extra.

SarDragon

Access to a pool would be better for what you need. It allows you to concentrate on basic swimming technique, instead of fighting waves, etc.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

Quote from: SarDragon on April 06, 2012, 01:49:35 AM
Access to a pool would be better for what you need. It allows you to concentrate on basic swimming technique, instead of fighting waves, etc.
Not to ask stupid questions, but does size matter? I mean, I don't think swimming in a blow up pool or a back yard pool is what I'd need, but like a regular pool at a YMCA or something of the like.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Littleguy on April 06, 2012, 02:41:46 AM
Not to ask stupid questions, but does size matter? I mean, I don't think swimming in a blow up pool or a back yard pool is what I'd need, but like a regular pool at a YMCA or something of the like.
Yes. You can't really train for a 200M swim in a 10ft pool.

Try joining a swim team or a swim class.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Spartan

Quote from: Littleguy on April 06, 2012, 02:41:46 AM

The YMCA free swim night usually has a few lanes open for laps, or it did when I used to go on free swim night.

Spartan

Tomorrow marks the 1 month countdown to the end of the application window for the 2012 Combat Control Orientation Course.  Please ensure that your application is post marked or time stamped prior to 2359:59 hours of 15 May 2012 for it to be considered for attendance.  Don't miss out on attending CCOC this year because you waited until the last minute.

Please ensure you send your endorsed CAPF 31 with your completed passing physical assessment worksheet.

Sgt. Papa

I was hoping to register for this course, but i couldnt find it on the NCSA main menu.

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

RogueLeader

Quote from: ECCS4Life on April 18, 2012, 02:58:06 PM
I was hoping to register for this course, but i couldnt find it on the NCSA main menu.

You won't find it there as its not an ncsa. It is run by NC 007.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spartan

There are 20 days remaining to get your application to the XO.  Don't miss out on attending CCOC because you waited until the last minute.

Spartan

Eleven (11) days remain until the application window for the 2012 Combat Control Orientation Course closes.  Please ensure your applications are post marked or time stamped before 2359:59 your time.  Don't wait until the last minute.

Make sure that your CAPF 31 has all the required signatures, and that your completed, passing physical assessment accompanies it.  Only complete applications will be accepted.

RogueLeader

How many applications have you received so far?

I know time is getting close. I wish I could be there again.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spartan

Quote from: RogueLeader on May 06, 2012, 08:24:53 PM
How many applications have you received so far?

I know time is getting close. I wish I could be there again.

I'm not filling the XO job this year.  Too much work to do that and college.  I will get with the XO and get back to you about the number of applications.  Last year, we had 147 applications in various levels of completion from an e-mail with an unsigned CAPF 31 to complete applications with all the waivers attached a few days after the application window opened.