Main Menu

SUPT-FC 2007

Started by Chris Hanvy, January 30, 2007, 03:51:06 PM

Chris Hanvy

Just to give everyone a head's up who applied there is a website for the SUPTFC-Texas 2007...

http://aetcfc-tx.nat.cap.gov

As many of you know, they changed the name of the activity from Air Education Training Command Fam Course (AETCFC) to Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training Fam Course (SUPTFC) (which to me is a little more appropriate). LTC Applegate is the Activities Director for the event and he does an amazing job! I went in 2005 and 2006 and had a blast. I recommend everyone to apply for 2008 if you didn't apply for '07.

Not only do you learn about student pilot life, you get a view of many of the other careers available in the USAF.

Bests!
C/Lt Col Chris Hanvy, CAP
Advisor to the Commander
162nd SAR Squadron

A.Member

I'm a senior member and have not personally particpated in this activity but I'd echo your thoughts. 

SUPTFC is a fantastic opportunity that any eligible cadet should take advantage of.  I wish I'd had such activities when I was younger.  I couldn't think of a better way to spend a week.  Of all the activities one could participate in, this is, hands down the coolest!

The only downside to this thread is that it comes about a month too late.  As indicated, if cadets are interested in attending in 2008, mark your calendar for the application period at the end of this year.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Pace

I've been to NFA-P (OK), NBB, AETCFC (TX), and CLA.  Although NBB is my favorite activity due to my ES bias, AETCFC was one of the most informative and potentially inspiring activities I've ever been to (in or out of CAP).  And considering its participation isn't limited to Phase III and higher cadets, it should be one of the most popular NCSAs Civil Air Patrol offers.  Just add a beret and it will be.  :P

-AETCFC (TX) 2004
Lt Col, CAP

AlphaSigOU

I attended this activity way back WIWAC (1979); back then it was called Air Training Command Familiarization Course (ATCFC).

I'd love to go back to Laughlin, even if it's being part of staff.

Digging out an old photo from the archives - this was the FL Wing contingent at ATCFC Laughlin in the summer of 1979:

I'm the ugly-looking C/Sgt, front row, second from left.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

flyguy06

Quote from: Chris Hanvy on January 30, 2007, 03:51:06 PM
Just to give everyone a head's up who applied there is a website for the SUPTFC-Texas 2007...

http://aetcfc-tx.nat.cap.gov

As many of you know, they changed the name of the activity from Air Education Training Command Fam Course (AETCFC) to Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training Fam Course (SUPTFC) (which to me is a little more appropriate). LTC Applegate is the Activities Director for the event and he does an amazing job! I went in 2005 and 2006 and had a blast. I recommend everyone to apply for 2008 if you didn't apply for '07.

Not only do you learn about student pilot life, you get a view of many of the other careers available in the USAF.

Bests!
I wasnt aware that they changed the name. I too attended ATCFC when I was a cadet in 1985. I really had a great time.