Main Menu

TXWGF 31A

Started by ElectricPenguin, October 25, 2011, 09:32:37 PM

ElectricPenguin

Regarding the form ^^^^,  does anyone in Texas wing really include their shot records??? As I find it kinda pointless to need them at an airshow for example... :o

http://www.txwgcap.org/wing_publications/forms.htm

MSG Mac

Since CAP can't mandate shots, they only thing they may need to know is the date of the last Tetnus shot, in case of an accident when taken to a medical facility. 
My question is why reinvent a wheel by having an encampment form which duplicates the National Form 31. If they want extra information, ask for it on an addendum sheet. They obviously haven't heard of the reduce paperwork initiative.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SARDOC

Quote from: MSG Mac on October 26, 2011, 04:15:47 PM
Since CAP can't mandate shots, they only thing they may need to know is the date of the last Tetnus shot, in case of an accident when taken to a medical facility. 
My question is why reinvent a wheel by having an encampment form which duplicates the National Form 31. If they want extra information, ask for it on an addendum sheet. They obviously haven't heard of the reduce paperwork initiative.

If a patient arrives in an Emergency Room and they feel the need to do a tetanus shot, they will ask the patient when was the last time they had one.  Frequently the patient does not recall...they don't go searching medical records or anything like that.  They just give you another booster...it's not going to hurt anything.  Not really a big deal if CAP doesn't have that information.

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on October 26, 2011, 04:15:47 PM

We have a custom 31 for encampment, but it was to reduce the size of the form (we don't need anything related to flying or other activities), and to add some required permission pages. 

It has the same medical page as a standard 31, and we don't care about shot history, it's useless information to CAP, since as mentioned, we can't mandate shots like a school district can.  Despite this, I routinely got application packets with full shot records and medical history.  I think parents
just get in the habit of sending it for things like this.  I can't imagine why the wing would go out of the way to add a form which provides info they don't need, unless it is simply to have in their form inventory for the rare NCSA or IACE situation where that information might actually be mandated by some other agency or organization.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ned

Quote from: Eclipse on October 26, 2011, 04:31:16 PM
[W]e don't care about shot history, it's useless information to CAP, since as mentioned, we can't mandate shots like a school district can.  Despite this, I routinely got application packets with full shot records and medical history. 

You and others have said this, but why do you think it is true?

You don't think we could restrict cadets not immunized for common communicable diseases from attending an encampment where everyone sleeps in an open-bay barracks and uses the same shower?

Given the current requirements by schools and good parenting nationwide, this hasn't yet been an issue for us.

But I think we could require them if we chose to do so.

FWIW, CAWG also uses a locally-modified F31 to meet their needs at encampment.

Eclipse

Quote from: Ned on October 26, 2011, 04:44:07 PM
But I think we could require them if we chose to do so.

I agree.

"That Others May Zoom"