Collecting / Consolidating Uniform Tips

Started by JC004, September 14, 2011, 06:49:30 AM

ProdigalJim

Quote from: JC004 on September 19, 2011, 06:36:24 PM
Photos that show the current, correct wear of each uniform (as described in the initial post).  But this site is open to all CAP members and we want it to look professional as well as realistic.  So BAD Photoshop work is out.  It'd be fine to Photoshop the existing 39-1 photos if they come out looking professional and realistic.  I only use the first $50 or so of Photoshop most of the time, so I'm not the person to do that part.

I think if we distributed the workload, a few of us could probably just take nice, clean high-Rez pictures and send them along. Maybe we could sign up to do a section (i.e., service dress, utilities, etc.) so that o e person isn't overwhelmed?
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

^ I still say they should be done on a mannequin and by a single person so lighting, staging, background, etc., is consistent.

What's the point of replicating the same mess we have today? 

I have a mannequin and most of the uniform combos, but would need some assistance on combos.

"That Others May Zoom"

ProdigalJim

Sure, that's the ideal, if you have every uniform piece and combo...which you may have! If you don't, well, that's where sharing the load comes into play. Male and female, cadet and senior, USAF and corporate, winter, summer, overgarments, Mess Dress, BBDUs, regular utilities...it seems a bit much to ask of one person.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

EMT-83

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Buzz

To carry flight suits in a B-4 bag or other luggage which is not as long as the suit, unzip the suit, pull the legs up inside all the way, smooth them flat, then zip the suit back up.  This will prevent wrinkles in your Super Suitx, and make it possible to hang them in shorter closets or from the hooks inside of cars.  The only crease is at the crotch, where it will be just another normal sit-down wrinkle.

Another tip:  If you are wearing a flight suit with the knife pocket NOT torn off (they do this if wearing anti-G trousers, which have a pocket on them), carry a short Cyalume stick and a small SHARP folding knife in the pocket, strung on a length of para cord.  These are things you aren't likely to use, but if you need them, you NEED them and don't want to have rattling around in your other pockets the rest of the time.

JC004

The site development is coming along well on my local testing and development area. 

The main remaining challenge/snag is the photos/graphics.

I'm still experimenting with different ways of best integrating tips and all. 

I'm wondering if I can get some people who'd be willing to do some uniform wear-related videos...

GTCommando

Quote from: JC004 on September 30, 2011, 03:12:38 PM
The site development is coming along well on my local testing and development area. 

The main remaining challenge/snag is the photos/graphics.

I'm still experimenting with different ways of best integrating tips and all. 

I'm wondering if I can get some people who'd be willing to do some uniform wear-related videos...

Uniform-related, as in how-tos, tips and tricks, etc? I might have a few C/NCOs that would be interested. PM with details and I'll see what I can do.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates