gt capabilities powerpoints

Started by the hammer, August 23, 2011, 10:20:29 PM

the hammer

Help  I am looking for a good powerpoint on ground teams capabilities the only ones i can find are air crew oriented
its hard to tell sherrifs assocs. what we can do without a professional ppt to show

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: the hammer on August 23, 2011, 10:20:29 PM
Help  I am looking for a good powerpoint on ground teams capabilities the only ones i can find are air crew oriented
its hard to tell sherrifs assocs. what we can do without a professional ppt to show

Just present what YOU can do, based on the training you've done/are doing. No point in saying that we can do X, Y, and Z if your unit only does A, B, C and Y.

Eclipse

GT presentation to Sheriffs in CAWG? You sure about that?

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Ed Bos

Quote from: the hammer on August 23, 2011, 10:20:29 PM

That might be a good thing to put together, based on the standardized training CAP has via the ES curriculum, but it wouldn't have a lot to say on it.

Our GT1 rating isn't as capable as SARTECH II, and our GTL rating is falls significantly short of SARTECH I. I think it would be appropriate to include a comparison of evaluated skill sets among the different curricula.

That being said, many ground teams around the country also get more specific training... Some get CERT training, maybe some in CAWG get additional SAR training to work with law enforcement teams, I know some COWG Ground teams have done mountain rescue, I'm sure there's additional training needed in LAWG to work in and around the swamps there (though I haven't heard anything specific); etc.

Like usafaux004 said, your best bet would be to tailor a PowerPoint to what your team is trained and qualified to do.

In the mean time, I might start working on the general capabilities briefing while I'm waiting to start working on next year's NESA updates.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

RiverAux

If you're just presenting what your team can do you're never going to get called.  CAP's strength is the numbers that we can bring to bear.  Nobody is going to be very impressed about a squadron that, on a good day, can bring a gt of 6 to the mission.  But, if they know that they could also call on teams from the general area and the entire state if needed, then they'll start to see the light. 

Now, I'd still recommend being conservative about your statements, but try to give them an accurate picture. 

Eclipse

^ No member of CAP should commit resources or present capabilities outside their scope of authority.

Unit CC's should only present what they, themselves, can provide from their unit.  If that means that they need to move up the chain to
be able to provide more resources, then the next echelon should be directly involved in the presentation.

Whether it is flight ops from units without an airplane or pilots, or ground support from units with no GT's, committing resources you don't control
is a common oversell mistake made by a lot of Units, and the most sure way to never get called twice.

I can't tell you how many times that Olympics video has bitten on the butt around me.

"That Others May Zoom"