Cap service dress coat

Started by Extremepredjudice, August 03, 2011, 10:48:27 PM

Extremepredjudice

Dumb question: where do I buy a cap service dress uniforn ( cadet)

Vanguard doesn't have any, and there isn't anyone in my squadron that has one

Also, I can't seem to find the regulations for service coats for cadets, if anyone is able to poing them out for me, that would own....

Ctrl f and google have failed me.  :-\
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

DakRadz

http://cgi.ebay.com/USAF-SERVICE-JACKET-CLASS-ENLISTED-MENS-WOMENS-COAT-/300373762173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45efabe07d

These are current Men's style coats.

Guaranteed against stains, rips, etc. I bought mine here, still use it after ~1-2 years.

CAPM 39-1 covers everything uniform related.

REMEMBER: These are not required for cadets, but if you really want one, $40 isn't a bad price.

MIKE

Take a drive to your local Air Force installation that has an AAFES Military Clothing Sales Store... Or if you are lucky a base thrift shop or Airman's Attic.

CAPM 39-1 Chapter 2
Mike Johnston

titanII

If your squadron meets on an AFB, then you could probably set something up to get it from the store at the AFB. If not, military surplus stores are infrequent but often good places to get one. I got my service coat (used) from an Army Navy store. And if you don't have an army/navy store near you, I'd resort to e-bay.
And the regs for service coats for cadets are in CAPM 39-1, which is pretty dense. But all you need to keep in mind is any former or current USAF service coat is OK. (4 pocket & 4 button OR 3 button).

FYI I got mine at the army navy store for $30.
No longer active on CAP talk

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Extremepredjudice

Thanks for the replies.

My squadron meets at an aerospace college... :/

Seems like 40$ is fair.

Does anyone have a Less pricey place then vanguard for the ties?
Edit: I have black ties, do I really  need to buy one?

And are shirt stays need(ok, so not needed, maybe more like a good idea) with the service coat? I'd expect so, but... You never know

Thanks again,
~atotalnoob
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

MIKE

A black tie is not going to do it.  Needs to be the regulation item with the USAF certification label.
Mike Johnston

DakRadz

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on August 04, 2011, 08:16:45 AM
Thanks for the replies.

My squadron meets at an aerospace college... :/

Seems like 40$ is fair.

Does anyone have a Less pricey place then vanguard for the ties?
Edit: I have black ties, do I really  need to buy one?

And are shirt stays need(ok, so not needed, maybe more like a good idea) with the service coat? I'd expect so, but... You never know

Thanks again,
~atotalnoob
If you ca

Cut off much? Anyway, as I tried to type- the clothing exchanges on base have ties for about $8, I got mine when I happened to be on base for a JROTC field trip.

Shirt-stays with service coat is up to you. Completely your choice. If you plan on taking the coat off for an extended period of time, then they might be a good idea.

spacecommand

One thing I want to note is that make sure your pant/trouser shade matches your service coat shade.
The shade color should be listed on the inside of your pants, usually stitched on a big square on the pocket.

Cadets are allowed to wear the "old" service coat, they can also wear the "new" style coat as well. 
However the shade of blue used on the coats are different, for example the new style coat uses shade 1620. 

For trousers, the shade of the new style is 1620 (though 1625 is available too) , the old AF shade trousers uses other shades, 1608 is one I have for example (I use when not wearing the jacket).

I've seen people wearing mix matched shades before, it really shows up on photos as well.

--
I have edited my post.

MIKE

Quote from: spacecommand on August 04, 2011, 11:29:11 PM
Cadets are allowed to wear the "old" service coat, they can also wear the "new" style coat as well. 
However the shade of blue used on the coats are different, for example the new style coat uses shade 1820. 

For trousers, the shade of the new style is 1820 (though 1825 is available too) , the old AF shade trousers uses other shades, 1608 is one I have for example (I use when not wearing the jacket).

The correct shade numbers are 1620 and 1625.  Not 1820 and 1825.
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: spacecommand on August 04, 2011, 11:29:11 PM
One thing I want to note is that make sure your pant/trouser shade matches your service coat shade.
The shade color should be listed on the inside of your pants, usually stitched on a big square on the pocket.

However the shade of blue used on the coats are different, for example the new style coat uses shade 1820. 

For trousers, the shade of the new style is 1820 (though 1825 is available too) , the old AF shade trousers uses other shades, 1608 is one I have for example (I use when not wearing the jacket).

I've seen people wearing mix matched shades before, it really shows up on photos as well.
MIKE made the number corrections, so I won't bother. But, on that note, something to keep in mind is how well they match. Don't wear three year old pants with a brand new service coat. The difference in color is pretty obvious. Buy service coat and pants at the same time, if possible, and dry clean them together.

spacecommand

Whoops  :P

I have made my corrections.  The idea was there, my numbers mixed up.