Main Menu

Turnabout is fair play?

Started by RiverAux, June 09, 2011, 01:43:46 AM

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: JC004 on June 11, 2011, 12:51:41 AM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 09, 2011, 10:05:49 PM
Well remember we are the Civil Air Patrol so depending upon where one's unit is located the knowledge level would vary. 

Are these messages automated?
In the future, I will formulate a separate thread/subject on what I mean by "Remember we are the Civil Air Patrol", and it is NOT derogatory towards the organization.
RM

abdsp51

I'm curious to know too if this was before or after your call to the CSF?

JC004

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 11, 2011, 12:55:06 AM
Quote from: JC004 on June 11, 2011, 12:51:41 AM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 09, 2011, 10:05:49 PM
Well remember we are the Civil Air Patrol so depending upon where one's unit is located the knowledge level would vary. 

Are these messages automated?
In the future, I will formulate a separate thread/subject on what I mean by "Remember we are the Civil Air Patrol", and it is NOT derogatory towards the organization.
RM

Even with my decade (plus) of experience in web/online marketing work, I failed to realize until now that they were automated, when I was blocking spammers on Twitter and realized the same pattern of using keywords, then tying in the spam message. 

For example, a Twitter spam message in response to trending topic "#MemorialDay" - "hey sign up to win a free #MemorialDay at...."

The creation of the name "Civil Air Patrol" and its use after WWII was never intended to build this giant wall of separation between the Civil Air Patrol and the International Air Patrol (U.S. Air Force).  "Civil" was common at that time in terms like "Civil Defense," but I find no evidence that it was ever meant to draw a massive separation from the military as you imply constantly.

CAP functions as the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary, a volunteer group supporting the missions of the Air Force and performing missions outlined in its charter.  It is supposed to provide support to the Air Force and the Air Force is supposed to provide support to it.

It is, by law, PART of the Air Force and I am sorry that that annoys you.

I am sorry that you think that all the troubles come from people wearing Air Force blue.