Main Menu

Level IV Certificate

Started by Grumpy, April 07, 2011, 01:47:39 AM

Grumpy

Quote from: a2capt on April 21, 2011, 09:42:08 PM
Is the CAPF 24 one of the last things that's still totally paper based, of it's kind? We can do promotions the whole way through eServices now.. just not this.

Your form 24 was sent to our squadron commander for approval and forwarded to Group on 20 Apr.  That's the good news.  The question is, once it hits wing for the commander's signature and he sees what unit you're in, will he even sign it?

SarDragon

Oh, the unit won't be an issue. They send a color guard out of state often enough to have a decent rep. I think he might take a second look at the name, and think, "that trouble maker".  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

Guess who won't even see it: instead, the Vice will see it and use the rubber stamp with the Wing CCs signature on it.  He never saw any of my 24s for the various levels of the PD program and wasn't aware of my receiving my Wilson.  It wasn't the right third of the year for him to visit Wing HQ.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Grumpy

Sounds about right.  Got some horror stories but won't go there

Eclipse

Quote from: Grumpy on April 22, 2011, 03:30:03 PM
Is the CAPF 24 one of the last things that's still totally paper based, of it's kind? We can do promotions the whole way through eServices now.. just not this.

Your form 24 was sent to our squadron commander for approval and forwarded to Group on 20 Apr.  That's the good news.  The question is, once it hits wing for the commander's signature and he sees what unit you're in, will he even sign it?

Well, there's part of the bottleneck, Group is not part of the approval chain.
This isn't a physical piece of paper, is it?

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Heh, wow. It's done. :) 22-April.  Thats the fastest piece of paper I've seen in a long time.

It's probably a filled out //signed// PDF. One step up from paper.

Grumpy

Quote from: Eclipse on April 23, 2011, 08:38:55 PM

It all went out on email.  There's more but it's done.

bosshawk

Tony: glad that it went through so quickly.  Obviously wasn't seen by too many of those morons at Wing.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

PA Guy

Quote from: bosshawk on April 23, 2011, 11:07:51 PMObviously wasn't seen by too many of those morons at Wing.

You seem to enjoy painting with a pretty broad brush.  Surely not everyone at CAWG HQ is, as you charge, a moron?  I'm guessing there are probably some at least as competent as you.  If you have a beef with someone address the issue with them directly instead of lumping everyone in the same group.  It's getting old and denigrating a lot of people.  Thank you for your service and have a good day.

PHall

Quote from: PA Guy on April 23, 2011, 11:35:30 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on April 23, 2011, 11:07:51 PMObviously wasn't seen by too many of those morons at Wing.

You seem to enjoy painting with a pretty broad brush.  Surely not everyone at CAWG HQ is, as you charge, a moron?  I'm guessing there are probably some at least as competent as you.  If you have a beef with someone address the issue with them directly instead of lumping everyone in the same group.  It's getting old and denigrating a lot of people.  Thank you for your service and have a good day.

Have you dealt with the CAWG HQ?  Grumpy has and so have I and he speaks the truth.

PA Guy

Quote from: PHall on April 24, 2011, 01:10:36 AM
Have you dealt with the CAWG HQ?  Grumpy has and so have I and he speaks the truth.

More times than you can imagine but if I had a problem I dealt with the individual not malign an entire group of people on a forum repeatedly

Grumpy

There are several people up there that do a fine job.  My complaint is specifically with one individual and only time will take care of that.  I can certainly understand why bosshawk has problems with them

bosshawk

I don't have problems with them any longer: I simply quit CAP and that takes care of those people in my life.  I had 18 years to build up an intense dislike for some of them and I didn't waste a single day.  If you haven't walked in my shoes for a time, it might be suggested that you keep your opinion to yourself or PM me with your opinions.  I served six years on the Wing staff and I believe that I know whereof I speak.  Several of the CAWG members on this blog know exactly what I did and how I did it and have an entirely different view of my opinion of a lot of the Wing staff than the one that you have exhibited.

I'll sign off on this one and let the chips fall where they may.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Grumpy

Quote from: bosshawk on April 24, 2011, 03:44:55 AM
I don't have problems with them any longer: I simply quit CAP and that takes care of those people in my life.  I had 18 years to build up an intense dislike for some of them and I didn't waste a single day.  If you haven't walked in my shoes for a time, it might be suggested that you keep your opinion to yourself or PM me with your opinions.  I served six years on the Wing staff and I believe that I know whereof I speak.  Several of the CAWG members on this blog know exactly what I did and how I did it and have an entirely different view of my opinion of a lot of the Wing staff than the one that you have exhibited.

I'll sign off on this one and let the chips fall where they may.

Amen to that

SARDOC

Don't tell that to my Group Commander...I think he holds onto everything for at least 4 weeks just for Grins and giggles.

MSG Mac

Quote from: SARDOC on April 26, 2011, 09:14:27 PM

Don't tell that to my Group Commander...I think he holds onto everything for at least 4 weeks just for Grins and giggles.
Form 24's don't ever go to the Group. Read the instructions on the back or check the signature blocks. Squadron (ALL), Wing Levels 3-5, and Region Level 5
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

...Except when your group has said that all communications to higher HQ will pass through them first. Then it does go to group. ;)

MSG Mac

Quote from: a2capt on April 26, 2011, 10:11:29 PM
...Except when your group has said that all communications to higher HQ will pass through them first. Then it does go to group. ;)

If thats true the GP CC is Anal retentive. There is a paperwork reduction program that everybody else in CAP is supposed to be observing.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Grumpy

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 26, 2011, 10:37:55 PM

If that's true the GP CC is Anal retentive. There is a paperwork reduction program that everybody else in CAP is supposed to be observing.

Ah, micro managing comes to mind.  :D

SARDOC

Quote from: Grumpy on April 26, 2011, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: MSG Mac on April 26, 2011, 10:37:55 PM

If that's true the GP CC is Anal retentive. There is a paperwork reduction program that everybody else in CAP is supposed to be observing.

Ah, micro managing comes to mind.  :D

So you guys have an idea what I deal with...his version of paperwork reduction is to make sure it's submitted electronically or he may just sit on it indefinitely.