Main Menu

Level IV Certificate

Started by Grumpy, April 07, 2011, 01:47:39 AM

Grumpy

Does anybody know how long it should take to receive a Garber Certificate?  I have a Squadron CC who's Level IV was posted on 8 Mar 11 and the certificate hasn't arrived yet.  Must be like the slow moving ID cards.   :(

PHall

Don't those go through Wing? A call to the Wing PD guy might be in order.

Robert Hartigan

Wait 9 months like the rest of us, then call National and ask nicely for a replacement certificate.  >:(
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

MSG Mac

The certificates are usually produced at the same time that the Level IV is put on the computer. Usually within 2-3 days of receipt of the CAPF 24. Check with Wing and remind them that the quicker it gets to the recepient, the more it's appreciated.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Robert Hartigan

<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

Major Lord

I thought they were only awarded posthumously, like the Medal of Honor? Maybe someone from Alabama will come buy and staple your cert to the coffin.......I got my Yaeger about 3 years after I took the test ( a paper and pencil test with no open books in those dark days!, but I still got 100%-not that I remember any of the material!) Patience. In another thread, I was commenting about my undelivered photo ID card I ordered. Within two weeks of E-mailing National, I now have four ID cards. Score! One for the wallet, one for the ID case, one for the glove compartment, and a spare..I will never have trouble getting on Travis AFB again!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

a2capt

Quote from: Major Lord on April 07, 2011, 03:27:50 AMI will never have trouble getting on Travis AFB again!
Until it expires! ;)

Major Lord

Well, if I don't re-up, I suppose I could just stick a smiley sticker ( or another bar code) over the expiration date, or just print out a new 101 card....BTW, anyone know whats on the bar code? Have we taken the mark of the beast? It would explain a lot......

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Major Lord on April 07, 2011, 12:23:18 PM
Well, if I don't re-up, I suppose I could just stick a smiley sticker ( or another bar code) over the expiration date, or just print out a new 101 card....BTW, anyone know whats on the bar code? Have we taken the mark of the beast? It would explain a lot......

Just your CAPID. Nothing sinister  >:D

CAP Producer

Quote from: Grumpy on April 07, 2011, 01:47:39 AM
Does anybody know how long it should take to receive a Garber Certificate?  I have a Squadron CC who's Level IV was posted on 8 Mar 11 and the certificate hasn't arrived yet.  Must be like the slow moving ID cards.   :(

They go to Region for presentation.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

Al Sayre

Actually, all of the awards and certificates usually get mailed to Wing HQ (I know, I or my wife pick up the wing mail).  Wing HQ then forwards them in accordance with local policy (or not >:D)...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

a2capt

..and all this talk of Level IV and I realized I needed to do my tally, because I was done after having gotten a master rating recently, which was all I needed.

Now it's time to get it submitted via the PDO. :)

Grumpy

Quote from: a2capt on April 08, 2011, 04:11:27 AM
..and all this talk of Level IV and I realized I needed to do my tally, because I was done after having gotten a master rating recently, which was all I needed.

Now it's time to get it submitted via the PDO. :)

Hmmm, is that a hint?

EMT-83

Level IV submitted to NHQ on 4 April. Garber Award postmarked 14 April.

Thrashed

At least you got one. I'm in the madatory 6 months processing wait time (or sit on a desk time) for wing to approve my level III.

Save the triangle thingy

a2capt

Is the CAPF 24 one of the last things thats still totally paper based, of it's kind? We can do promotions the whole way through eServices now.. just not this.

jeders

Quote from: a2capt on April 21, 2011, 09:42:08 PM
Is the CAPF 24 one of the last things thats still totally paper based, of it's kind? We can do promotions the whole way through eServices now.. just not this.

The 24 doesn't even require a real signature, so it shouldn't involve any paper. The only things that can't be done electronically are membership applications and inspection checklists.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

davidsinn

Quote from: jeders on April 21, 2011, 09:48:39 PM

The 24 doesn't even require a real signature, so it shouldn't involve any paper. The only things that can't be done electronically are membership applications and inspection checklists.

But we still must generate the form instead of a module in eServices like it should be.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

jeders

Quote from: davidsinn on April 21, 2011, 09:50:17 PM

But we still must generate the form instead of a module in eServices like it should be.

True, but it's a lot better than having to send things by snail mail.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

davidsinn

Quote from: jeders on April 21, 2011, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on April 21, 2011, 09:50:17 PM

True, but it's a lot better than having to send things by snail mail.

I'll give you that.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Grumpy

Is the CAPF 24 one of the last things that's still totally paper based, of it's kind? We can do promotions the whole way through eServices now.. just not this.

Your form 24 was sent to our squadron commander for approval and forwarded to Group on 20 Apr.  That's the good news.  The question is, once it hits wing for the commander's signature and he sees what unit you're in, will he even sign it?

SarDragon

Oh, the unit won't be an issue. They send a color guard out of state often enough to have a decent rep. I think he might take a second look at the name, and think, "that trouble maker".  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

Guess who won't even see it: instead, the Vice will see it and use the rubber stamp with the Wing CCs signature on it.  He never saw any of my 24s for the various levels of the PD program and wasn't aware of my receiving my Wilson.  It wasn't the right third of the year for him to visit Wing HQ.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Grumpy

Sounds about right.  Got some horror stories but won't go there

Eclipse

Quote from: Grumpy on April 22, 2011, 03:30:03 PM
Is the CAPF 24 one of the last things that's still totally paper based, of it's kind? We can do promotions the whole way through eServices now.. just not this.

Your form 24 was sent to our squadron commander for approval and forwarded to Group on 20 Apr.  That's the good news.  The question is, once it hits wing for the commander's signature and he sees what unit you're in, will he even sign it?

Well, there's part of the bottleneck, Group is not part of the approval chain.
This isn't a physical piece of paper, is it?

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Heh, wow. It's done. :) 22-April.  Thats the fastest piece of paper I've seen in a long time.

It's probably a filled out //signed// PDF. One step up from paper.

Grumpy

Quote from: Eclipse on April 23, 2011, 08:38:55 PM

It all went out on email.  There's more but it's done.

bosshawk

Tony: glad that it went through so quickly.  Obviously wasn't seen by too many of those morons at Wing.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

PA Guy

Quote from: bosshawk on April 23, 2011, 11:07:51 PMObviously wasn't seen by too many of those morons at Wing.

You seem to enjoy painting with a pretty broad brush.  Surely not everyone at CAWG HQ is, as you charge, a moron?  I'm guessing there are probably some at least as competent as you.  If you have a beef with someone address the issue with them directly instead of lumping everyone in the same group.  It's getting old and denigrating a lot of people.  Thank you for your service and have a good day.

PHall

Quote from: PA Guy on April 23, 2011, 11:35:30 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on April 23, 2011, 11:07:51 PMObviously wasn't seen by too many of those morons at Wing.

You seem to enjoy painting with a pretty broad brush.  Surely not everyone at CAWG HQ is, as you charge, a moron?  I'm guessing there are probably some at least as competent as you.  If you have a beef with someone address the issue with them directly instead of lumping everyone in the same group.  It's getting old and denigrating a lot of people.  Thank you for your service and have a good day.

Have you dealt with the CAWG HQ?  Grumpy has and so have I and he speaks the truth.

PA Guy

Quote from: PHall on April 24, 2011, 01:10:36 AM
Have you dealt with the CAWG HQ?  Grumpy has and so have I and he speaks the truth.

More times than you can imagine but if I had a problem I dealt with the individual not malign an entire group of people on a forum repeatedly

Grumpy

There are several people up there that do a fine job.  My complaint is specifically with one individual and only time will take care of that.  I can certainly understand why bosshawk has problems with them

bosshawk

I don't have problems with them any longer: I simply quit CAP and that takes care of those people in my life.  I had 18 years to build up an intense dislike for some of them and I didn't waste a single day.  If you haven't walked in my shoes for a time, it might be suggested that you keep your opinion to yourself or PM me with your opinions.  I served six years on the Wing staff and I believe that I know whereof I speak.  Several of the CAWG members on this blog know exactly what I did and how I did it and have an entirely different view of my opinion of a lot of the Wing staff than the one that you have exhibited.

I'll sign off on this one and let the chips fall where they may.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Grumpy

Quote from: bosshawk on April 24, 2011, 03:44:55 AM
I don't have problems with them any longer: I simply quit CAP and that takes care of those people in my life.  I had 18 years to build up an intense dislike for some of them and I didn't waste a single day.  If you haven't walked in my shoes for a time, it might be suggested that you keep your opinion to yourself or PM me with your opinions.  I served six years on the Wing staff and I believe that I know whereof I speak.  Several of the CAWG members on this blog know exactly what I did and how I did it and have an entirely different view of my opinion of a lot of the Wing staff than the one that you have exhibited.

I'll sign off on this one and let the chips fall where they may.

Amen to that

SARDOC

Don't tell that to my Group Commander...I think he holds onto everything for at least 4 weeks just for Grins and giggles.

MSG Mac

Quote from: SARDOC on April 26, 2011, 09:14:27 PM

Don't tell that to my Group Commander...I think he holds onto everything for at least 4 weeks just for Grins and giggles.
Form 24's don't ever go to the Group. Read the instructions on the back or check the signature blocks. Squadron (ALL), Wing Levels 3-5, and Region Level 5
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

...Except when your group has said that all communications to higher HQ will pass through them first. Then it does go to group. ;)

MSG Mac

Quote from: a2capt on April 26, 2011, 10:11:29 PM
...Except when your group has said that all communications to higher HQ will pass through them first. Then it does go to group. ;)

If thats true the GP CC is Anal retentive. There is a paperwork reduction program that everybody else in CAP is supposed to be observing.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Grumpy

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 26, 2011, 10:37:55 PM

If that's true the GP CC is Anal retentive. There is a paperwork reduction program that everybody else in CAP is supposed to be observing.

Ah, micro managing comes to mind.  :D

SARDOC

Quote from: Grumpy on April 26, 2011, 10:45:41 PM

If that's true the GP CC is Anal retentive. There is a paperwork reduction program that everybody else in CAP is supposed to be observing.

So you guys have an idea what I deal with...his version of paperwork reduction is to make sure it's submitted electronically or he may just sit on it indefinitely.

Eclipse

Quote from: SARDOC on April 26, 2011, 11:12:09 PM
So you guys have an idea what I deal with...his version of paperwork reduction is to make sure it's submitted electronically or he may just sit on it indefinitely.

Sounds like an excellent plan.  These days there is no reason whatsoever to be touching hardcopy forms - fill electronically, sign electronically, save, forward to next level.  Days become hours.  Click, click click.

Stop me if you've heard this one...

He: "Sir, I have my CAP Drivers License application, where should I fax it?"

Me: "This is 2010, I don't own a fax machine..."

He: "No problem, I have two of them, I'll send you one..."

((*sigh*))

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Send the original to Wing HQ for signature, and a "information" copy to the Group Commander. That will significantly improve the approval time and the CC will be satisfied.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Quote from: Grumpy on April 26, 2011, 10:45:41 PM

Keep in mind that this policy has been carried over from the past four  or five group commanders.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret