Main Menu

Duty Promotion Process

Started by simbriale, March 05, 2011, 10:10:43 PM

simbriale

I was commissioned Dec 7th, 2007 and my membership officially changed over after my 21st birthday on Jan 11th, 2008. Switching over my membership from cadet to senior during that month time frame was not on the top on my list of things to do. So technically I was a cadet from 2001 to 2008.

So duty promotion can be done online! Thanks for the help.

JoeTomasone

Not for nothin', but this thread is a perfect example of the attitude adjustment that some CAPTALKers need.   A simple question was asked, and instead of simply answering it, some take it upon themselves to interrogate the OP.     I'm reasonably certain that if the OP is NOT qualified for Captain OR is lying about dates that it doesn't concern anyone here anyway.    Unless your an IG in the OPs CoC, let it be!   And if you are, scratch your itch offline.

Seriously, people...  Anyone got a spare pitchfork?   Never mind, I see plenty in this thread, lying amongst the torches.

>:(

EMT-83

Actually, the question was asked rather politely and the OP had no problem in answering it.

Now what exactly was the problem?

simbriale

Just wanted to thank everyone again. Promotion was submitted last night and approved by Wing this morning. MUCH easier then doing it the old fashion way! Thanks all!

JeffDG

Quote from: CS on March 06, 2011, 02:52:56 PM
TIG has nothing to do with "performing in an exemplary manner", a required element of promotion under duty performance.  If he is an active O-3 than the route is for equivalent rank.  He clearly stated that he is just getting back into CAP so duty performance would most likely be out as he hasn't met the requirement for "performing in an exemplary manner",  for an 18 month period.

That's not correct.

You need 18 months TIG AND be performing in an exemplary manner meriting promotion.  There's nothing in the reg that you must be performing in an exemplary manner for 18 months.

ol'fido

Quote from: trecker on March 07, 2011, 08:43:29 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone again. Promotion was submitted last night and approved by Wing this morning. MUCH easier then doing it the old fashion way! Thanks all!
He submitted the promotion and got it approved. The barn door is well and truly shut and the horse is a mile down the road. Yeesh! Congratulations, Captain!
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006