Leather A2 Flight Jacket

Started by Hotel 179, December 22, 2006, 03:06:51 PM

Al Sayre

Just that little surcharge for the airfare...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Fifinella

Quote from: Al Sayre on February 28, 2007, 04:53:48 PM
Can't we take a -172?  ;D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

ddelaney103

Quote from: Fifinella on March 01, 2007, 04:51:00 AM
Quote from: Al Sayre on February 28, 2007, 04:53:48 PM
Can't we take a -172?  ;D

You'll have to check it - it won't fit in the overhead storage like a 152 or "paper cup."

ddelaney103

Getting back to jackets....

I just got my black jacket from Airborne and it's very nice, though it's not as heavy as the standard brown one I got from the BX.

Their service was very prompt, and they sent me back a message the same day saying they were out of Large and would a Large Tall be all right?  I said fine and it doesn't even look like they added the extra $10 they charge for a large.

Now I just need to find a local "Mama-san" with a machine that can handle sewing the hook and loop to the front for the nametag and patch.

DrDave

Yes, the Airborne-Leather company's jackets are a little thinner on the leather but they're still great and you can't beat the price -- I've got three!

Plus, I have no hesitation sewing stuff to the front of a $98 jacket, but probably would to a $298 one! :)

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Hammer

Quote from: lordmonar on February 24, 2007, 01:55:40 AM
I just ordered two.  One in black and one in brown!

Sir, I'm just curious here but did you get your jackets?  A price that good looks too good to be true.  Also, how's the quality of the jacket?  I'm looking at getting one, and don't know if it'd be better to spent the extra $100.00 or so and get one from Pop's Leather.  I know they do a good job, my father's jacket from there is beautiful.

Al Sayre

I own 2 of the Airborne Leathers, the quality is good, and the service/shipping has been outstanding, can't beat the price either.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

LtCol White

I ordered from Airborne Sat 2/24. They advised I should have the jacket by this friday 3/2. Will post my feedback on it once rec'd.

Also, the $98 price was only good until March 1
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LtCol White

Rec'd my jacket today. Pretty fast.  Very nice quality. I'm impressed. Good quality, supple leather. Nice lining. A little thicker than the Cooper jackets so it can be worn on colder days. Very impressed and pleased for $98.00.  Mine is brown since I dont plan to wear it in uniform but I assume the black is the same quality.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

For those interested in buying from Pop's Leather, I saw this on the NRA member discount page.  Dunno if it's current.:

QuotePOP'S LEATHER
This is an internet based business. During the check out process, a drop down menu will ask if you are an NRA members and put in the proper discount.
Discount Percentage: 20%