Expensive Flying Club?

Started by DG, December 16, 2010, 12:24:58 PM

DG

Please comment, and write on Jill's wall as a comment, in reply to Marty's comment that we are an "Expensive Flying Club."

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182041551812255&set=a.102120873137657.4881.100000192344032

DakRadz

Spam?

That page is locked to only friends, I suppose. Either way, nothing is viewable.

People will think what they think, and we aren't 4chan- no reason to invade Facebook or whatever just because someone has a negative opinion of us.

Eclipse

Not to mention who cares what someone writes on a random Facebook page?

"That Others May Zoom"

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Eclipse on December 16, 2010, 02:08:00 PM
Not to mention who cares what someone writes on a random Facebook page?
Perhaps but a google search on Civil Air Patrol Expensive Flying Club brought up this url with some comments about CAP:
http://www.studentpilot.com/interact/forum/archive/index.php/t-20855.html
RM

Eclipse

Newsflash, there are people who don't like CAP.  Some for legitimate reasons, some because of uninformed opinions. 

A random mixed-message article from 5 years ago isn't exactly something to crank up the spin engine for.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Quote from: Eclipse on December 16, 2010, 03:30:34 PM
Newsflash, there are people who don't like CAP.
What???

Next you'll tell me there are people who don't like the military!

Or CAP wearing military-style uniforms!

Or.... Dare I say it? The United States of America!

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: DakRadz on December 16, 2010, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 16, 2010, 03:30:34 PM
Newsflash, there are people who don't like CAP.
What???

Next you'll tell me there are people who don't like the military!

Or CAP wearing military-style uniforms!

Or.... Dare I say it? The United States of America!
I think that ANY pilot who joins CAP JUST TO FLY, will soon find out that the monetary & time commitment likely won't be worth it.
I know in our unit we've lost 2 or 3 pilots specifically because they were looking for cheap or even free flying, not all the administrative "mumbo jumbo" that CAP imposes on it's membership.

As far as the other crap you've posted above it's a stretch --   It's foolish to think that those of us that feel that CIVIL Air Patrol's uniforms (especially for seniors (adult members)) should be very distinctive don't support overall our Missions for America, homeland security & defense, and all that other apple pie stuff in CAP's press releases. >:(
RM       

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on December 16, 2010, 03:48:37 PMI know in our unit we've lost 2 or 3 pilots specifically because they were looking for cheap or even free flying, not all the administrative "mumbo jumbo" that CAP imposes on it's membership.

Then their unit CC clearly failed in properly framing the responsibilities / opportunities of membership.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on December 16, 2010, 03:48:37 PMIt's foolish to think that those of us that feel that CIVIL Air Patrol's uniforms (especially for seniors (adult members)) should be very distinctive don't support overall our Missions for America, homeland security & defense, and all that other apple pie stuff in CAP's press releases.

The CIVIL Air Patrol exists because of the benevolent partnership with, and service to, the United States Air Force.  Know that and act accordingly or find other outlets for your community service.  Your constant assertions that somehow senior members should be able to participate and serve in CAP while pretending there is no connection to the military is getting old.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Quote from: Eclipse on December 16, 2010, 04:05:08 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on December 16, 2010, 03:48:37 PMIt's foolish to think that those of us that feel that CIVIL Air Patrol's uniforms (especially for seniors (adult members)) should be very distinctive don't support overall our Missions for America, homeland security & defense, and all that other apple pie stuff in CAP's press releases.

The CIVIL Air Patrol exists because of the benevolent partnership with, and service to, the United States Air Force.  Know that and act accordingly or find other outlets for your community service.  Your constant assertions that somehow senior members should be able to participate and serve in CAP while pretending there is no connection to the military is getting old.
RM- I was merely providing an example of something that is obviously debated with people on both sides- here on CT, it's obvious that some don't agree with CAP wearing military style uniforms, but that wasn't a direct jab or attack on you.

However-
I still agree with everything Eclipse said.

Flying Pig

Quote from: Eclipse on December 16, 2010, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on December 16, 2010, 03:48:37 PMI know in our unit we've lost 2 or 3 pilots specifically because they were looking for cheap or even free flying, not all the administrative "mumbo jumbo" that CAP imposes on it's membership.

Then their unit CC clearly failed in properly framing the responsibilities / opportunities of membership.

Thats not always the case.  Some members are told about the commitments required, but think they will be able to circumvent the system.  Seeing as how they left, I would say the CC didnt let them circumvent the other duties.

DG

Quote from: DG on December 16, 2010, 12:24:58 PM
Please comment, and write on Jill's wall as a comment, in reply to Marty's comment that we are an "Expensive Flying Club."

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182041551812255&set=a.102120873137657.4881.100000192344032

It is on the Facebook page of:

Jill Southfield Greenberg

She posted a picture of their new CAP T182T with the comment "The new Cessna G1000 turbo charged arrived today for the Squadron."

Marty Bevill then commented "Just another expensive flying club! hahahahahaha"

Any helpful, corrective comments are respectfully requested.  On Jill's Wall.

IceNine

Wow...

Way ignore reality and subsitute your own.

The "hahahahah" at the end might as well have been a >:D
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

DakRadz

Quote from: IceNine on December 16, 2010, 06:16:17 PM
Wow...

Way ignore reality and subsitute your own.

The "hahahahah" at the end might as well have been a >:D
Try a Member Search of the Marty Bevill fellow?

Watch him be a unit CC or something  8)

Jokes are common... It's a friendly organization.
And we are not 4chan, hence no personal army.

a2capt

Well, the way that FB page isn't responding, from all of 6 people that probably clicked on it, it must thing our referrer is 4chan or something.

DakRadz

Quote from: a2capt on December 16, 2010, 06:51:34 PM
Well, the way that FB page isn't responding, from all of 6 people that probably clicked on it, it must thing our referrer is 4chan or something.
I would say it is merely locked to non-friends.

He's linking to a picture, which are easily blocked to anyone of the poster's choosing (like non-friends).
I've seen this message before when people sent me links to photos they had locked everyone out of and forgot to unlock it when showing the pics to me. (And I don't know why those were locked anyway, those MilBall pics were great ;D)

a2capt

Definitely not a non-friend you can't see it, it's "not available", period. Very much like when you read about the latest stalker or such that went bad and "their FB page" gets removed.  Except even now, it's just absolutely blank.

When it's hidden from non-friends, it says so in plain English, "this user has chosen to ..  "

HGjunkie

Quote from: a2capt on December 16, 2010, 09:38:05 PMWhen it's hidden from non-friends, it says so in plain English, "this user has chosen to ..  "
Unless you use Pirate English like I do.  ;D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DakRadz

Quote from: HGjunkie on December 16, 2010, 09:44:14 PM
Quote from: a2capt on December 16, 2010, 09:38:05 PMWhen it's hidden from non-friends, it says so in plain English, "this user has chosen to ..  "
Unless you use Pirate English like I do.  ;D
a2capt: Sir, I get that message for several things that really are there. If you link directly to the album/picture, it will say "Not Available etc." but if you click on the Tab, it says Content Hidden.

Let's try it with one of mine:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1284643965880&set=a.1554563633703.71453.1523550699

Iunno what it will say because.. Well, I'm logged on and it's my page. But you can try.
(EDIT: I logged in under my Leroy Jethro Gibbs account [seriously... ;D I have it] and it said "content not available" because I'm not on my regular page's friends.)

HGjunkie: I tried that, but it was so confusing when my friends tried talking about the features since everything was renamed ;D