Main Menu

WMIRS Mobile

Started by Tubacap, July 15, 2010, 12:42:04 PM

Tubacap

Hey Guys,
Does anyone have the URL for WMIRS Mobile.  My phone all of a sudden started using full version of WMIRS which takes a little bit longer to load for releases.

Thanks!

Will
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Robborsari

I am not sure there is a seperate URL.  I have noticed that it changes behavior if I change the browser type that my phone is claiming to be.  My blackberry will say its either blackberry or firefox or IE.   I usually have good results with firefox.  Maybe your phones browser type setting was changed or they changed wmirs.  There have been a few updates recently.
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087

Tubacap

Yep, I changed from Dolphin HD to Opera mini.  There should be a unique URL though.

Thanks!
NER-PA-001

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Not necessarily. Some frameworks like .NET will use the browser information to generate different results for the same URL.

Tubacap

interesting, so is there a way to get it to point to the mobile for Opera mini?
NER-PA-001

Phil Hirons, Jr.

That feature would have to be used by the developers.

Spaceman3750

I have had problems with sites recognizing Opera mini as a mobile browser on my iPhone and only a few are starting to get it right. I'm considering a switch back to Safari for this very reason.

JC004

Auto-detect is great and I have been using it, but since mobile browsers deliver such widely different results, it's best to have the option of manually selecting a mobile version too, especially if the phones are presenting themselves as browsers that they are not (such as Blackberry's browser allows you to do).  Mobile development sucks, though.   :(

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 15, 2010, 06:54:11 PM
I have had problems with sites recognizing Opera mini as a mobile browser on my iPhone and only a few are starting to get it right. I'm considering a switch back to Safari for this very reason.

It sounds like Apple has you exactly where they want you.