Main Menu

Triangle thingy spottings

Started by RiverAux, May 16, 2010, 01:55:47 PM

Thom

I'm no fan of the Triangle Thingy or its apparently slipshod method of adoption, but I have to ask: With all of these sightings of its use, has anyone actually called NHQ and asked about it?

I mean, if there has been some 'official' adoption of the logo for some purposes, whether properly approved or not, we should at least find out what the NHQ folks 'think' the role of this new logo is supposed to be.  Knowing your enemy's numbers and disposition, etc., etc.

I hereby nominate JC004 for this additional duty...    ;D

Thom

JC004

Quote from: Thom on May 24, 2010, 07:34:31 PM
I'm no fan of the Triangle Thingy or its apparently slipshod method of adoption, but I have to ask: With all of these sightings of its use, has anyone actually called NHQ and asked about it?

I mean, if there has been some 'official' adoption of the logo for some purposes, whether properly approved or not, we should at least find out what the NHQ folks 'think' the role of this new logo is supposed to be.  Knowing your enemy's numbers and disposition, etc., etc.

I hereby nominate JC004 for this additional duty...    ;D

Thom

We'll try to send a mole, but they know.  They're watching us.

After seeing this happen for a decade, I've been pretty used to them creating new logos and using them inconsistently all over.  This is the way it has been done for a while.  It's no one person's fault at NHQ or anything, but it is the fault of the NB for not addressing our brand and official symbols. 

Regardless, as you can see in my links on the AF symbol usage and such, they haven't paid any mind to what we DO have in place or what the Air Force requires.

JohnKachenmeister

Don't bother calling NHQ.  At least not the Public Affairs and Marketing folks who shove this garbage down our throats.

They are quite caught up in themselves, and really do NOT care what you losers in the field think of their brilliant ideas. 

If you clods cannot understand the beauty of the new triangle, then that alone is proof of your genetic inferiority.
Another former CAP officer

davidsinn

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 24, 2010, 10:52:48 PM
Don't bother calling NHQ.  At least not the Public Affairs and Marketing folks who shove this garbage down our throats.

They are quite caught up in themselves, and really do NOT care what you losers in the field think of their brilliant ideas. 

If you clods cannot understand the beauty of the new triangle, then that alone is proof of your genetic inferiority.
Good heavens. They got to him. He's one of...THEM!
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

vento

NHQ says: You will be assimilated, resistance is futile.  >:D

JC004

Eagle400

Triangle thingy spotting.  Wha?

Is that what the little green men are flying these days?

RiverAux

Also on the CAP photos page on flicker (linked from the VolunteerNow page): http://www.flickr.com/photos/civilairpatrol/sets/

JC004

These triangle thingys are rather everywhere. 

That's a lot considering I can't find any guidelines for its use ANYWHERE nor any evidence that it was approved by any of our (too numerous) governing bodies.

vmstan

MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

jeders

Quote from: Marshalus on May 26, 2010, 02:54:50 PM
How long has Vanguard been selling this http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14849&cPath=6_390_405_406

I sent them an inquiry as to why they're selling emblems that aren't approved, waiting for a reply.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

a2capt

Considering the highest stock # after that is

CAP0921: NHQ Flag, $571.40
CAP0920: Front License plate CAP logo thingy with red, white, blue slash stripes behind the traditional blue round seal, set in goldish color.
CAP0919: The Triangle-Thingy lapel pin.

Hopefully, they don't have too many of them (left), that if NHQ drops it, "we" don't have to spend a ton of loot buying them back.

A timeline can't really be gained from that, but in the grand scheme of things, it is "recently" added.

JohnKachenmeister

Wait... I just figured it out:

3 exterior sides of the triangle
3 interior sides of the triangle

equals:  6.

To a factor of 3 represented by the three blades of the propeller...

equals:  666!

The Triangle-Thingy IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!!!!
Another former CAP officer

a2capt

chmod -R 777 Triangle-Thingy

vmstan

Quote from: a2capt on May 26, 2010, 04:21:03 PM

What are you messing with permissions for? I think you mean:

rm -rf /triangle-thingy

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed

davidsinn

Quote from: Marshalus on May 26, 2010, 04:40:56 PM
Quote from: a2capt on May 26, 2010, 04:21:03 PM

What are you messing with permissions for? I think you mean:

rm -rf /triangle-thingy

Just nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

wuzafuzz

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

JC004

Quote from: wuzafuzz on May 26, 2010, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: Marshalus on May 26, 2010, 02:54:50 PM
How long has Vanguard been selling this http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14849&cPath=6_390_405_406
It's spreading faster than swine flu.  It's TriFlu.  Run!

EWWWWW, WHAT THE CRAP?!

Come on, people.  This is unnecessary dilution of our brand.  But who needs a brand, right?  We have wraps.

I thought this was just going to be a thing for the National Board/Conference promos, like the CAP Monopoly Houses logo, but like the Monopoly Houses logo, it spread.  I found the Monopoly Houses on the vehicle wrap that I posted here.

Anybody else see the Monopoly Houses logo on vehicles?  Is it part of the Van Brand? 

vmstan

What makes this lapel logo more amusing, is that it's not even consistent with the gray/purple one they have already been using. It's a gold triangle.