Main Menu

aerospace test

Started by CCAlex, May 15, 2010, 02:45:42 AM

CCAlex

If you had a choice, which aerospace test would you do first? (I guess you have all the choice but I'm just asking)

SarDragon

It's actually most beneficial to take them in the order the modules appear in the book. They do build on previous modules to some extent.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Ya know.. I've never heard any cadet say that. :)

I will say that Module 1 seems to be the one most failed when taken the first time, in my statistics. Really weird.

SarDragon

Diff strokes, I guess. I have been away from CP for a while, but the cadets in my olde unit seemed to have more trouble with one of the later modules. Sadly, I don't recall which one.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Two is the hardest. Lot's of acronyms to memorize. I'd have a tough time with it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

CCAlex

thanks! I actually did them the way you said, in order. The first 2 are pretty hard. Are all the other ones as hard as these?

@a2capt,
module one has a lot of words to memorize and failed just once and got 5 more right the second time! anyways, i just passed to get my  C/senior airman and i am studying on the Wright Bros. Do you have any suggestions?

Posts merged. - MIKE

a2capt

Yes, Study, and don't be discouraged. Of the last several years of testing, quite a few failed the 1st time. That one is not like the LL1-3 before it..   You'll need 80% instead of 70%, you've got 30 questions. You can't do the practical portion until you pass the written. Thus 'acing' the practical portion will not make up for missing too many on the written.

As for whats on the test? Not on your life. :) I stay out of that, unless asked a question during the study and learning period, or after being presented with a test thats been corrected, I'll provide more solid insight as to the meaning of the question as needed.

On the topic of aerospace tests, though having to do with the advanced ones, which you're some time from: The ones that use the book, Aerospace: The Journey of Flight. There is a 2008 edition of that book that due to some things being added, has offset pages and tables. Where things are referenced in those later tests, they are probably not on the same pages, or even the same table #.

I found this out when a cadet was being rather insistant that "the stuff on your test" is "not in my book", and I asked for the book, he brought it and as I'm flipping through it I spotted SpaceShipOne flipping by, and did a double-take.

I went back to make sure thats what I saw, and sure enough. I remember when I did the Yeager test myself, SpaceShipOne was a drawing board item. This has to be a newer edition ... 

Since testing is due to change in the near future, this may not be much of an issue much longer, either. But I annotated the testing materials as there are both editions in our units' library.

The moral of the story? Always read the material, don't try to "search" it and "cram" it.

coudano

I've noticed a trend of my cadets taking rockets first.
I think that' module 4.

i don't know if it's "easier" but they seem magnetized to taking it first