Epauletes on white aviator shirt for SMWOG

Started by indygreg, April 13, 2010, 10:44:15 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: vento on April 29, 2010, 05:23:24 AM
^^^
He was correct wearing the blue pants CSU with grey epaulets. The blue AF epaulets are history.

Members may continue to wear the CSU in its original configuration (blue epaulet sleeves, metal grade, blue name tag, etc.) until September 2010.  Switching early is at the option of the wearer.  While it sounds like he may be ok - assuming he switched to the gray nameplate, it doesn't sound like he actually did it on purpose - uniforms are either correct, or they aren't. 

It's just as disrespectful to ignore regulations "just in the squadron" as outside.

Quote from: mynetdude on April 29, 2010, 05:28:43 AM
oh ok, but they ARE going to discontinue the entire CSU then? Whew I'm still wrong on my own again as always at least I don't have to worry that someone else is wrong cuz he's right.

Assuming no further comment from NHQ, the CSU will be approved for wear in its September 2010 variant until 30 DEC 2011.

"That Others May Zoom"

Custer

Quote from: Eclipse on April 27, 2010, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: Custer on April 27, 2010, 05:28:33 PM
What amazes me the most about this is that 39-1 is five years old, and the entire blue/white uniform came AND went since its last publication.  I can only imagine how many change letters there must be and can not imagine how one would make sure they had all of them.
You would download them here:

http://www.capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/indexes_regulations_and_manuals.cfm
Thank you that helps a lot.  So those three letters summarize all the changes?  I found two published in 2008 and of course the latest one ditching the new CSU.  Also in my searchings I found a California Wing supplement dated 2006.  It made for interesting reading, especially the Shirt/khaki shorts/tennis shoe uniform.  We have five CA Wing specific uniforms, and we can wear no fewer than six different polo shirts.

We could have 29 people show up for a meeting, ALL be correct, and no two of them dressed the same way.  And that's even assuming everyone wearing grey pants has the same shade & type.

And the April 2008 letter from NHQ ends by saying several more uniforms were approved but are waiting for USAF approval.

ßτε

QuoteAlso in my searchings I found a California Wing supplement dated 2006.
The California Wing supplement dated 2006 has been obsolete since 2008 (according to CA WING SUPPLEMENT 1, CAPI 0-2, 15 July 2008) and has recently been updated: http://www.cawg.cap.gov/Files/Supplements/CAWG39-1.PDF  For a discussion on the new supplement, look here: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=10321.0

kd8gua

Quote from: Custer on April 29, 2010, 06:07:22 PM
We could have 29 people show up for a meeting, ALL be correct, and no two of them dressed the same way.  And that's even assuming everyone wearing grey pants has the same shade & type.

Rather than a squadron meeting, that sounds like the beginnings of a costume party!
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

mynetdude

Quote from: kd8gua on April 29, 2010, 09:13:31 PM
Quote from: Custer on April 29, 2010, 06:07:22 PM

Rather than a squadron meeting, that sounds like the beginnings of a costume party!

Beginnings? It HAS begun! :P So true!