Squadron Level Communications Operations and Training Plan

Started by CAPTShaw, March 23, 2010, 01:53:43 AM

CAPTShaw

I am looking for a sample Squadron Level Communications Operations and Training Plan, I have the Wing plans and have asked for the group plans, but I can't seem to find a squadron level plan.  Can any one help?
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: IGMR on March 23, 2010, 01:53:43 AM
I am looking for a sample Squadron Level Communications Operations and Training Plan, I have the Wing plans and have asked for the group plans, but I can't seem to find a squadron level plan.  Can any one help?
Most squadrons don't have that much radio equipment on hand to justify a comprehensive plan.  Your wing's communications plans should have all the information you need to operate your radio equipment at the local level.
As far as an alert method, you can keep it simple by having some key personnel (including you, especially if you have radio equipment) have a complete listing of seniors & cadets to include addresses & telephone numbers and use the "fan" method of notification versus alert tree.  If you have a local CAP repeater or your membership lives in a relative close proximity to the squadron, you could use the radio to alert them by having them monitor the appropriate repeater output frequency and/or one of the simplex frequencies (other than air) for any alert messages.     

Regarding training, anytime you have an ES activity scheduled the radios should be used.  Just make out a Memo for the Record of what was trained and/or lessons learned and file it.
RM