New Hunter Orange Hunting Vest-Pack with CAP 24 HR minimum gear capability.

Started by LionHunter, March 17, 2010, 03:57:32 AM

LionHunter

Hey Guys

I'm posting this thread because I was approached by a prospective customer who was interested in one of the latest versions of our Modular Hunting Vest for CAP use. (Hunter Orange Model)
He turned me on to this website so I thought I'd share it with you guys to get input and feedback.

The original (old style) vest was designed primarily for hunters but when it was first introduced we got many inquiries' from members of the CAP community of which resulted in a fair amount of sales.

Over that time I received great input and feedback which helped in the design of the newest version of the vest. There are many new and enhanced features. The main primary change was to make the back pack completely detachable so it could be worn in the cockpit with all your primary survival gear and it should be more than qualified to carry the CAP minimum 24 hour requirement of gear.

This new version is made in exclusive limited numbers in the USA by a well known OEM manufacturer. (Tactical Tailor)  The MSRP is $329.95.

The introductory price is $249.95 and it is currently only available by contacting me at this email address: tim@blade-tech.com

There is currently an offshore model in the works that will be imported and sold at a more affordable price point. The final price has not been determined as of yet but it will definitely be under the $150.00 mark. It will be available this summer through Blade-Tech Industries;
www.blade-tech.com.

On a special note:
I am also looking for a qualified CAP Instructor who would be willing to do an unbiased T&E review for this forum. The vest will be donated to the chosen person for his efforts.
Please contact me by email if you are interested.

Below are the specs and I tried to post pics with no success. I will post pics as soon as I get it figured out. Any help or suggestions on "how to" would be more than welcome.
In the meantime I will send pics to interested parties via emal. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Tim Wegner
Founder/Executive Director
Blade-Tech Industries
tim@blade-tech.com
www.blade-tech.com

Blade-Tech Modular Big Game Hunting Vest Pack Specifications:

Materials: Buck Suede Fabric and 1000 denier Cordura Nylon, single and double pull
                heavy duty zippers, water proof zippers on the vests front pockets.
                Breathable mesh inside.

Type: Fully Ambidextrous Modular Vest Back with Detachable Stand Alone Backpack.
          The combo easily and comfortably holds over 50 lbs loaded.

Color: Blaze Orange-400 sq inch or Ultra Stalk Camo

Vest Features: The vest is fully adjustable with a large roomy unrestrictive cut.
               Padded adjustable shoulder straps, one size fits all (or most). 
               2ea 1½" Nylon cinch straps on each side of the vest.
                 The vest can be cinched down tight to the body providing corset like support
                 and eliminating movement.
               3ea front adjustment straps with plenty of adjustment to allow for           
               heavy clothing etc...
               4ea front pockets, 2 inside pockets, 1 large back pocket
Pocket features:
              2ea medium breast pockets with blaze orange mesh divider & waterproof
              double pull zippers to allow for GPS or radio antennas
              to protrude for better reception.   

2ea large cargo pockets w/ waterproof double pull zippers

2ea ambidextrous inside zipper pockets for carrying a small handgun             
              or licenses & documents.

Includes: 1 Velcro holster wrap attachment that fits J-frame size revolvers and
                 Compact Glocks and most small handguns.

Ammo Management: Ambidextrous Velcro pads over both right &
                                 left breast that hold 4 rounds of rifle shell loops. 
                                 (2 sets of shell loops provided)

Velcro pads can be used to carry aftermarket auxillary pouches: (Eagle, Blackhawk etc...)
Hydration: Rear bladder pocket on the back of vest body which holds
                  100 oz bladder. Bite valve can be ported out   right or left side.

Hands free Rifle Carry Option: 2 ½ "Nylon & Velcro wrap straps.

Auxiliary Back Pack: Large detachable stand alone backpack has pull out pack straps complete with chest and waist straps. Main cargo area has bladder hanger and port.

1ea smaller outside single zipper outside pocket for quick access to snacks or other gear etc...

Note: The vest and pack both have Molle attachment points for lashing gear or for hands free rifle carry.

Approx 1800 cu inches of internal capacity.
(This does not count any gear lashed or tied to Molle attachment points)

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

LTC Don

Upload the pics to your web server then link to them.

Or, upload them to a picture host like Google Picasa or Flickr, etc. and do the same, link to them.  I'm very interested in seeing what you have.

Or, you can email them to me and I'll take care of it.  PM me if interested.

Cheers,
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

Eclipse

I gotta say - this thing looks pretty sweet...

Unbiased review to follow!

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on March 17, 2010, 04:54:51 PM
I gotta say - this thing looks pretty sweet...

Unbiased review to follow!

You get one? You suck...Sir.  ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Spaceman3750

Eclipse

Some more angles (shows camo version).

I was wondering what would go in those circular straps.

Backpack straps store for carrying w/ handle.

"That Others May Zoom"

LTC Don

Looks very good.  The only thing that jumps out at me are the dangling excess strapping on the three front clips.  There needs to be some elastic or velcro bands so the strapping can be properly stowed.

What are the current payment options?

I'm not very familiar with all the varous MOLLE options.  The MOLLE loops on the back pack are vertical, are there MOLLE pouches that are oriented vertically or would any MOLLE pouches attached open horizontally?

Cheers,
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

Eclipse

Heh - for better or worse many of us would not have nearly as much of that strap left to hang...   ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

LionHunter

The strap issue has been addressed on the offshore models soon to come, I would have added the velcro keepers to the US model but the per vest cost estimates were going thru the roof. I had to stop somewhere, LOL

I have worn these vests extensively with about 60 miles logged on foot and a 100 on horseback without any real issue with the straps. That includes a week of wearing the vest with 40 lbs of gear in it while on horseback chasing stock killing putty tats in the high Arizona desert.

The vest was a lifesaver because early on in the week I had to bail off my horse to keep him from rolling over on me in steep terrain. In doing so I landed on a rock and seperated a few ribs on my right side. (gravity sucks!)
I was able to cinch the vest up like a girdle and it kept my ribs from jarring while in the saddle.

RiverAux

Its a nice looking vest, but I'm pretty sure your CAP market will be pretty limited at that price.  Probably at least half our 4000 or so ground team personnel are cadets and most are not going to be willing to spend anything like that for something like that.  Not many of the adults will either.

Obviously, you're not marketing primarily at CAP members, so that isn't going to be a big problem. 

Walkman

LionHunter

I agree cost is steep, thats the price of limited run US production. The offshore version will be sub $150.00 MSRP. Hopefully about 119.95.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Sir, where did you find that view in northern IL? There's no corn in it, that can't be right! :D

Jerry Jacobs

The one comment I have about it is that there is no radio pouch.  Both vests that I currently use have a radio pouch, something to look into.

Eclipse

That was one of the first things I noticed - I was thinking that a radio holder might work in place of the rifle straps, or perhaps making
the shell / pen holder on the left a velcro patch with an optional radio holder for its place.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

SaBeR33

Quote from: Walkman on March 18, 2010, 02:05:33 PM
Can the backpack be used with a water bladder?

To answer your question, yes, it can.

Per the info provided by Tim: "Auxiliary Back Pack: Large detachable stand alone backpack has pull out pack straps complete with chest and waist straps. Main cargo area has bladder hanger and port."

Eclipse

Tim let me know it shipped over the weekend, shouldn't be long now!

"That Others May Zoom"