Mass Wing TLC

Started by darkmatter, June 12, 2018, 03:42:30 PM

darkmatter

Hey guy,

Does anyone know if Massachusetts wing is holding a TLC course soon? Or Connecticut wing?

Angus

Which Level of TLC? I know Westover did a Basic one a few months back before Wing Conference.   
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

NIN

NH over the summer.  Let me dig for the dates
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

darkmatter

Quote from: Angus on June 12, 2018, 03:53:13 PM
Which Level of TLC? I know Westover did a Basic one a few months back before Wing Conference.

The basic course it's the last thing I need for senior CP rating which in turn is the last thing for my level III

Thanks NIN if you could let me know.

NIN

Found it. Sorry for the awful formatting

Training Leaders of Cadets Basic and Intermediate - Summer Schedule  

Title: Training Leaders of Cadets (TLC) Basic

Date: 28 July 2018

Time: 0800 - 1700

Training Leaders of Cadets is designed to assist Adult leaders to become prepared to contribute as Cadet Programs Officers on a squadron staff.  TLC graduates will: be better versed in articulating the vision of the Cadet Program as well as its traits and elements, be better leaders and mentors to cadets by understanding leadership dynamics and promotion process, and be more prepared to assist the squadron with cadet activities such as weekly meetings, Great Start, and special activities.  In addition, by having two members of the squadron having completed TLC, the squadron will have met a requirement for the Quality Cadet Unit Award.

If interested Please complete a CAPF 17 obtain Commanders signature and submit to Capt Darlene Cray at dcray@nhwg.cap.gov  

Title: Training Leaders of Cadets (TLC) Intermediate

Date: 25 August 2018

Time: 0800 - 1600 

Location: Center Strafford National Guard Training Facility - Center Strafford, NH

Note: This course is offered at the same time/location as Aerospace Weekend.  Bring Cadets for AE Weekend, stay for Professional Development!  Who says Senior Members can't have fun too!?

Training Leaders of Cadets (TLC) Intermediate is for graduates of the TLC Basic Course who are preparing to serve as Squadron Commanders, Deputy Commanders for Cadets, or Veteran Cadet Program Officers seeking refresher training.   TLC Intermediate graduates will:  be able to  explain the basic principles of youth development, describe methods for positive, indirect leadership, describe resources for each program element, and describe major national and wing activity programs.  TLC Intermediate is a new Cadet Programs Course with upcoming Web Modules.  NH Wing will be conducting this training during the Winter Academy and students will receive full TLC Intermediate credit.
Once the two web modules become available, students registering for courses scheduled from that point forward must complete the web modules.  

If interested Please complete a CAPF 17 obtain Commanders signature and submit to Capt Darlene Cray at dcray@nhwg.cap.gov

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

darkmatter

Thanks NIN, I also sent you a PM with my email to see if you could forward me the TLC email you just posted.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

RI is running TLC on July 7 & 8
Basic on the 7th
Intermediate on the 8th.

Point of Contact is Capt Don Crisman
crismand.cap@gmail.com

"To sign up as a student: 01 JUL 2018.  Please send me an e-mail at crismand.cap@gmail.com with your name, CAPID, unit and which course(s) you would like to enroll in."

I'm teaching on the 7th and taking on the 8th.

PHall

There's going to be TLC Basic and Intermediate Classes at the National Boards in August.

darkmatter

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on June 22, 2018, 08:51:16 PM
RI is running TLC on July 7 & 8

Thanks for the heads up.