NCC Champions 2 years in a row.

Started by honorguardsman, July 26, 2019, 02:26:07 AM

honorguardsman

Congratulations to Florida for winning back to back! That has to be quite an accomplishment.
Link: https://www.cap.news/se-region-team-from-fla-repeats-as-national-cadet-competition-champion/

Just curious, has a team ever won Color Guard Competition, twice in a row?

I checked Wikipedia, and it seems that New Jersey won three times ina row for Drill team with a Cadet Colonel Figueroa.
Wikipedia has not updated the stats since 2013? is there a reason why>?

I see continuous Florida victories but it is hard to tell since it only shows the Wing and not the Unit, so in other words, there are repeated Florida Wing victories, but is it the same squadron's?

Congratulations to Florida.

MSG Mac

New York Wing had a Group Drill team that won several consecutive years. I believe they were either from the Bronx or Manhattan.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

baronet68

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 26, 2019, 04:05:13 AM
New York Wing had a Group Drill team that won several consecutive years. I believe they were either from the Bronx or Manhattan.

Rubbing my two brain cells together and seem to recall that it was the Bronx.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: honorguardsman on July 26, 2019, 02:26:07 AM
Congratulations to Florida for winning back to back! That has to be quite an accomplishment.
Link: https://www.cap.news/se-region-team-from-fla-repeats-as-national-cadet-competition-champion/

Just curious, has a team ever won Color Guard Competition, twice in a row?

I checked Wikipedia, and it seems that New Jersey won three times ina row for Drill team with a Cadet Colonel Figueroa.
Wikipedia has not updated the stats since 2013? is there a reason why>?

I see continuous Florida victories but it is hard to tell since it only shows the Wing and not the Unit, so in other words, there are repeated Florida Wing victories, but is it the same squadron's?

Congratulations to Florida.

Wikipedia doesn't update their stats. Everything is provided by readers. If you have the stats, you, too, can be an online encyclopedia author/editor. Sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

JacobAnn

Awesome achievement regardless of stats.  Congratulations Florida Wing.