CAP/Police officer members

Started by Dutchboy, March 12, 2012, 05:44:46 PM

EMT-83

There's nights where I'm coming from the other side of the state, and can't get home to change for meetings. I usually solve this problem by wearing gray slacks to work, and bringing a polo shirt.

The "Rule of the Seven Ps" applies here.

AngelWings

In my squadron, there are lockers assigned to each member. I used to keep an extra set of BDU's and boots in them, but then I lost a lot of weight and now only have one fitting set. I would suggest having a uniform stored at the squadron if possible, it helped me out when I couldn't change out of my regular clothes.

When folded up nicely they can be stored without taking up too much space. They could fit on a desk, on chair, on a table, etc. The BDU's, both pants and top, also you can put a folded under shirt on top of that, put your uniform cover in the pants cargo pocket (also, put the belt through all of the belt loops), and put the boots either on top of the t-shirt with the socks and blousing bands (if you're like me and wear them all of the time) or on the floor somewhere. I don't know about the blues, but I couldn't see why it wouldn't work with them too.

lordmonar

Those are all good suggestions.....and yes....a a little pre planning prevents poor performance.....but again....bottom line.....it is all situational.

No uniform is not going to end the world....and it is better to be present and doing your job....than absent for lack of a uniform.

YMMV.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Flying Pig

I want my members there, in uniform.  But most of all as the SqCC, I wanted my members there.  If your Sq culture is that you would rather miss a meeting vs showing up in civies someone needs their priorities looked at.

bflynn

No, I think it was the strict uniforms discussion here.  Nothing about my squadron, I should have gone.

ol'fido

Quote from: bflynn on March 24, 2012, 01:41:08 AM
No, I think it was the strict uniforms discussion here.  Nothing about my squadron, I should have gone.
???
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

a2capt

Okay, cool deal. Now we know .. it works. We can influence people. Now we just gotta start talking as intense about core values, anti-cliques, and GoB Stoppers.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 23, 2012, 08:27:35 PM
I want my members there, in uniform.  But most of all as the SqCC, I wanted my members there.  ...

Roger that.

...   ;)