Sent application via 2 day USPS and NHQ still has no record of reciving my app

Started by aviator9417, March 18, 2014, 08:25:02 PM

aviator9417

I sent my application 13 Mar 14 via 2 day shipping. USPS shows the package was received on 15 Mar 14 but I called NHQ and they say that they don't have it yet because USPS ships to Maxwell AFB and not direct to NHQ or something like that.  So according to the person I talked to the AF at Maxwell must give CAP the package.  So now I paid for 2 day shipping to speed things up but instead am now waiting longer than if I used Fedex or UPS....  >:( I am just worried my application got mailed to the wrong place with my personal info and Fingerprints.

Moral of the story is DO NOT USE USPS for sending NHQ anything if you want it to happen fast.
Assistant Information Technology Officer
Chino Cadet Squadron 20
California Wing, Group 3
sq20.cawgcap.org

Eclipse

It would have been no different if you used a different shipping method, in fact it might have wound up undeliverable.

Most military bases have consolidated receiving for everything, and then internal mailboxes at some facility where you
pick up the mail.  In other words, delivery drivers do not wander around the base looking for individuals and signatures.

You've confirmed it got where it belongs, beyond that, be patient.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

The only way to deliver "stuff" to NHQ direct is to FedEx or UPS it direct to 105 Hansell.  It will get there within  a week depending on what you pay for.  It cost's more than USPS, but it get's there much faster.

aviator9417

I JUST GOT MY ESERVICES EMAIL YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just a little to impatient!
Assistant Information Technology Officer
Chino Cadet Squadron 20
California Wing, Group 3
sq20.cawgcap.org

Patterson

Do the physical membership applications get shredded once the info is input into the computer by NHQ?

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Patterson on March 19, 2014, 02:47:30 AM
Do the physical membership applications get shredded once the info is input into the computer by NHQ?

Your unit is required to maintain a copy with the SSN blacked out. Don't know what NHQ does with their copy.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on March 19, 2014, 03:32:42 AM
Quote from: Patterson on March 19, 2014, 02:47:30 AM

Your unit is required to maintain a copy with the SSN blacked out. Don't know what NHQ does with their copy.
There isn't anything saying the SSN must be blacked out.  In some cases that is actually impractical, such as units on an installation that requires SSNs for an EAL.  As long as you follow the CAPR 1-2 you're good to go.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811