Main Menu

Member passing.

Started by capmaj, March 29, 2015, 09:04:22 PM

capmaj

As I haven't noticed a previous post on this, I thought I would let folks know that a long-time CAP member and friend to a lot of folks here has passed away.

Lt Col Johnnie Cain, currently of the Nevada Wing, passed away last week from a sudden heart attack. Johnnie was known by a lot of folks that attended Pacific Region Staff College and National Staff College. He was an accredited Myers-Briggs instructor and conducted those sessions at both of those schools. In addition, Johnnie was an ardent supporter of the Boy Scouts of America and the International Air Cadet Exchange program. 

Lt Col Cain was attending a Boy Scout function in New Mexico when he passed. He will be missed.

AlphaSigOU

Had him as an instructor at both PCRSC and NSC in 2009 and 2011, respectively. He will be missed... :(
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BFreemanMA

I, too, had the pleasure of being under his tutelage at the 2014 PRSC. I've done many Myers-Briggs activities before, but his was exceptionally well-done and I loved how he tied it in to leadership and Civil Air Patrol.

Although our time together was brief, he made a lasting impression on me. His family and loved ones are in my thoughts.
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

Pulsar

Does anyone know who the national scholarships manager is? I believe he passed away as well, hence scholarship announcements are delayed.
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Ned

Quote from: Pulsar on March 30, 2015, 03:56:31 PM
Does anyone know who the national scholarships manager is? I believe he passed away as well, hence scholarship announcements are delayed.

Sadly we did lose the scholarship manager, but the scholarship process has been completed.  Look for the public announcement soon.  Most likely later this week.

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

brenaud

Sorry to hear this.  His was one of the most memorable seminars from my time at NSC in 2009.
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699