PT uniform in the mix?

Started by Tim Medeiros, October 24, 2007, 12:23:07 AM

Tim Medeiros

Saw this on af.mil, wonder how long till we see an ICL about it :P

Yes, I'm joking for those who did not get the hint.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

mclarke

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on October 24, 2007, 12:23:07 AM
Saw this on af.mil, wonder how long till we see an ICL about it :P

Yes, I'm joking for those who did not get the hint.

I swear I see cadets like this all the time.

SarDragon

1284 days - nice bump.

What's wrong with the basic 'costume'? If the cadet is passing or exceeding the PT standards, let 'em exercise in whatever works. The Blackberry and GPS are the only things I might question.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mclarke

Quote from: SarDragon on April 30, 2011, 02:26:16 AM
1284 days - nice bump.

What's wrong with the basic 'costume'? If the cadet is passing or exceeding the PT standards, let 'em exercise in whatever works. The Blackberry and GPS are the only things I might question.

We had a few issues with some PT clothes. Like dress pass with running shoes and a tank top.. Not exactly smart. We actually had to make a squadron reg saying what they could wear. We had people in khakis coming in with polos, etc... It was interesting.

manfredvonrichthofen

To me there is a serious problem with what some people come in wearing for PT. Extremely short shorts and tank tops? Looks unprofessional and sends a bad image about a very professional group. We do PT in a very public place and people see us all the time when we are doing PT and I get embarrassed to be associated with those who wear tank tops and shorts that are way too short. There should be standards to what can't be worn for PT. 

SarDragon

The gear in the OP's cartoon looks just fine.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 30, 2011, 03:20:42 PM
To me there is a serious problem with what some people come in wearing for PT. Extremely short shorts and tank tops? Looks unprofessional and sends a bad image about a very professional group. We do PT in a very public place and people see us all the time when we are doing PT and I get embarrassed to be associated with those who wear tank tops and shorts that are way too short. There should be standards to what can't be worn for PT.
That is why all of the services have a PTU.

NC Hokie

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 30, 2011, 03:20:42 PM

Buy a couple of medium and large black t-shirts from your local discount store and keep them at your squadron HQ / with your squadron's gear.  When a cadet shows up in a tank top, toss 'em a shirt and tell them where to change.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Walkman

I like seeing squadrons that make a unit tee-shirt that everyone wears for PT.

SavedThunder

Ya, our squadron has a T-shirt that we wear to PT, but last year we all would just wear our regular clothes. I don't know why but everyone, even myself, would show up in jeans and a t-shirt. That is why my squadron made a t-shirt and now everyone comes in black shorts and their squadron T-shirt. :D