Missed this, NHQ considering revising FCU Program

Started by Майор Хаткевич, April 01, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

Ned

Quote from: Ratatouille on April 08, 2014, 08:05:06 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on April 08, 2014, 12:08:15 AMMore than likely Cadet Highspeed and Cadet Lowdrag just chose to ignore the directive and attended because that was the only uniform they had, and didn't think to wonder if a formal event MIGHT mean nice clothes. I mean, kids go to church in rags these days, so what's their guideline?

Same goes for you, Garibaldi, I'm sure the people of GAWg are sooo proud that one of their company grade "Officers" publicly calling children derogatory names. Probably just as proud as when you finally figured out how to use polysyllabic words!

You both represent the worst of CAP and CAPTalk. I pray that some day the fates provide you with an opportunity to atone to the Cadets you've wronged.

Counselor,

I'm going to guess that you are not prior military.  If you were, you would undoubtedly know that calling someone Highspeed and/or low drag is actually a complement, and not derogatory.

Classic CT furball involving miscommunication and hypersensitivity.  Add a lawyer to the mix and it has great explosive potential.  I should know.  8)

Garibaldi

Quote from: NIN on April 07, 2014, 04:59:35 PM
Speaking of "a BDU" option:

BDUs at a region conference banquet where the specified *minimum* uniform was Service Dress (or corp equiv).

Really?  Why don't we just not bother with uniforms at all and let everybody come to CAP in flip flops and torn jeans?

Wow! Way to publicly pick on a pair of 12 or 13 year-olds behind their back in a way wherein they can't possibly defend themselves! It must make your oak leaves feel extra silvery to be able to stand up to a bunch of children and point out their faults so well!

And while you're being all super-internet lawyer-y with your oh-so-powerful copyright disclaimer ™©, I hope you had clear permission from the people in that picture to publicly post it in an unofficial forum. This actual lawyer here recognized a Cadet and Senior Member in the picture, will be contacting them and the Cadets' parents to let them know, and will gladly serve you with a cease-and-desist notice pro bono.

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 08, 2014, 12:08:15 AMMore than likely Cadet Highspeed and Cadet Lowdrag just chose to ignore the directive and attended because that was the only uniform they had, and didn't think to wonder if a formal event MIGHT mean nice clothes. I mean, kids go to church in rags these days, so what's their guideline?

Same goes for you, Garibaldi, I'm sure the people of GAWg are sooo proud that one of their company grade "Officers" publicly calling children derogatory names. Probably just as proud as when you finally figured out how to use polysyllabic words!

You both represent the worst of CAP and CAPTalk. I pray that some day the fates provide you with an opportunity to atone to the Cadets you've wronged.

I had a series of lengthy retorts planned, but then I realized I had better things to do besides elevate my blood pressure and respond to such troll bait.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

dwb

Quote from: Ratatouille on April 08, 2014, 08:05:06 PMYou both represent the worst of CAP and CAPTalk. I pray that some day the fates provide you with an opportunity to atone to the Cadets you've wronged.

Wow, really? The worst of CAP? No hyperbole going on there?

I mean, on the Continuum of Things People Have Gotten Kicked Out of CAP For, I'm sure at least some actions are worse than what was posted in this thread.

Garibaldi

I anticipate a letter of protest and a CAD regarding my and NIN's participation in CAP coming soon. I will hold my breath.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on April 07, 2014, 04:59:35 PM
Speaking of "a BDU" option:

BDUs at a region conference banquet where the specified *minimum* uniform was Service Dress (or corp equiv).

Really?  Why don't we just not bother with uniforms at all and let everybody come to CAP in flip flops and torn jeans?

Wow! Way to publicly pick on a pair of 12 or 13 year-olds behind their back in a way wherein they can't possibly defend themselves! It must make your oak leaves feel extra silvery to be able to stand up to a bunch of children and point out their faults so well!

And while you're being all super-internet lawyer-y with your oh-so-powerful copyright disclaimer ™©, I hope you had clear permission from the people in that picture to publicly post it in an unofficial forum. This actual lawyer here recognized a Cadet and Senior Member in the picture, will be contacting them and the Cadets' parents to let them know, and will gladly serve you with a cease-and-desist notice pro bono.

Good luck with that C&D. You must be a real fun guy to be around.

Panache

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 08, 2014, 11:54:35 PM
I anticipate a letter of protest and a CAD regarding my and NIN's participation in CAP coming soon. I will hold my breath.

rugger1869

Quote from: Ned on April 08, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

Counselor,

I'm going to guess that you are not prior military.  If you were, you would undoubtedly know that calling someone Highspeed and/or low drag is actually a complement, and not derogatory.

Classic CT furball involving miscommunication and hypersensitivity.  Add a lawyer to the mix and it has great explosive potential.  I should know.  8)

Coming from the Army.... We only call people "high speed" when we're being sarcastic. YMMV.