Main Menu

Safety Badge?

Started by Titan 25, March 01, 2010, 06:49:13 PM

Titan 25

I have seen several people with the Civil Air Patrol safety badge on their front pocket and I was wondering how they earned that.  :-\

Thanks,

Daniel K. Driskill
C/2d Lt Daniel K. Driskill
Flt. Commander
PHANTOM SQUADRONUTAH WING
MEMBER OF THE 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPION ROCKY MOUNTAIN REGION DRILL TEAM!!

Dracosbane

They are senior members who have completed requirements in the Safety Professional Development Specialty Track.

CadetProgramGuy

Holy crap....

That was the first direct question / direct answer post i've seen in here.......

Dracosbane

Sorry.  I'll attempt to be more obtuse in the future.    >:D :o

vmstan

We wouldn't expect anything less.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

IceNine

If you complete the requirements for Technician listed HERE you are eligible to wear the badge (dress uniform) and patch (bdu's)

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Al Sayre

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on March 02, 2010, 04:46:29 AM
Holy crap....

That was the first direct question / direct answer post i've seen in here.......

Burn the witch!   ;D ;D ;D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

tarheel gumby

:clap: :clap: I needed that .
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

MIKE

Mike Johnston

lordmonar

Quote from: Al Sayre on March 02, 2010, 04:12:00 PM
Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on March 02, 2010, 04:46:29 AM
Holy crap....

Burn the witch!   ;D ;D ;D
But how do we know he is a witch?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Al Sayre

OK then:  Burn the heretic!  We all know that answering a direct question with a direct answer is heresy.  Look it up, it's in regulation CAPR something or other...  >:D  ;D

Or:  Witches are made of wood, and wood burns.  Ergo, if he burns he must be a witch.  That's from an older version of the regulations, I don't have a copy but I know it's in there somewhere... 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Gunner C

Heresy!  It hasn't devolved into a uniform thread yet!  No one insulted!  Who'll stop the madness???  >:D

DC

I take great issue with the placement of the badge, personally I think it should be affixed to the right pocket, rather than the left. I also think it should be enlarged, and made very complicated, possibly gold plated. Safety officers should get much more glorious uniform bling than they presently do.

[/facetiousness]

There, now this is a proper uniform thread!  :o

Al Sayre

OK, but they must grind the pointy edges off the badge in the interest of safety.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Gunner C

Quote from: DC on March 02, 2010, 10:15:03 PM
I take great issue with the placement of the badge, personally I think it should be affixed to the right pocket, rather than the left. I also think it should be enlarged, and made very complicated, possibly gold plated. Safety officers should get much more glorious uniform bling than they presently do.

[/facetiousness]

There, now this is a proper uniform thread!  :o
:clap: :clap: :clap:

indygreg

Quote from: Al Sayre on March 02, 2010, 10:19:17 PM
OK, but they must grind the pointy edges off the badge in the interest of safety.

Now THAT'S funny!

:clap: