NorthEast Region Conference - 2005

Started by Pylon, October 02, 2005, 03:35:54 AM

Pylon

Is anybody planning on going to or considering going to the Northeast Region Conference this coming November?

Just curious.  I think I'm going to check it out and do the two days plus the banquet.  We should get a CAPTalk booth and co-sponsor the conference.   ;D

Info for those that are curious can be found at: http://ner.cap.gov/conference/

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

My units been voluntold to offer support to the conference since Minute Man is the unit in the AO... So all signs point to me being at least around during the conference.  I'm hoping this means I wont have to register, but we will see.

If I don't have to register, that just means I have more money for drinks.  ;D

Mike Johnston

Pylon

Cool.  Are you planning on hitting the banquet at all?  --and any ideas on where best to stay in the area?

________

Anybody else planning on heading out there?  :)

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on October 03, 2005, 02:00:33 PM
Are you planning on hitting the banquet at all?  --and any ideas on where best to stay in the area?

Probably not... Unless I find a cheap suit... Which as the Mens Warehouse commercials say, I should have at least one... but I don't.  Or manage to snag some mess dress on ebay etc.  Why service dress is not appropriate is beyond me.  >:(

Almost wish we had a dinner dress combination like CG Aux SDB Alpha or dinner dress white.

Looks like the head table are all going to have to snag themselves some Army greens for the general assembly.  :D >:D (finally found a use for that emoticon.  :))

Edited to add: Oh yeah... I'm not very familiar with the area... But I can ask around for good places to stay.
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on October 03, 2005, 02:27:40 PM
Quote from: Pylon on October 03, 2005, 02:00:33 PM
Are you planning on hitting the banquet at all?  --and any ideas on where best to stay in the area?
Almost wish we had a dinner dress combination like CG Aux SDB Alpha or dinner dress white.

Do you have a blue blazer?  You could make use of the new semi-formal blazer combo (the new corporate equalivalent of the USAF-style mess dress).  You only need one mini-medal and you're pretty much set if you already have the blazer combo.

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on October 03, 2005, 02:34:22 PM
Do you have a blue blazer?  You could make use of the new semi-formal blazer combo (the new corporate equalivalent of the USAF-style mess dress).  You only need one mini-medal and you're pretty much set if you already have the blazer combo.

Don't have that... Only got service dress, L/S service, S/S service and BDUs... Haven't got any corporate stuff yet... If I did have that combo I think I would choose the Earhart as my one mini-medal just to be a PITA.  ;D  I think I would probably go the civilian suit route though if I attend the banquet.

I was wishing I had the golf shirt combo this past weekend at SLS instead of S/S service though, and I usually dislike that particular combo for many activities.

Not interested in a CAPTalk informal dining out instead?
Mike Johnston

dwb

Quote from: MIKE on October 03, 2005, 02:51:26 PMNot interested in a CAPTalk informal dining out instead?

Having been to numerous conference banquets, I can say that your suggestion would probably result in a much better time had by all.

I entertained the thought of attending the NER conference, but it's too far away and I can't afford the coin for the hotel.  Besides, I'm currently in hiding from CAP, and I'm not ready to emerge just yet. :D

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on October 03, 2005, 02:51:26 PM
Not interested in a CAPTalk informal dining out instead?

Haha, you know, we might garner a better response than the actual NER banquet.  ;)

Let's see -- Golf shirt combo or short-sleeve uniforms, plus chip for unlimited trips to the keg and the hamburgers and hot dog table, with award presentations for "Most Copious Uniform Violation," "Dirtiest Car in the Parking Lot," "Most Impressive Ribbon Rack," and "Best CAP War-Story Told."

To be held at the local watering hole, with semi-engraved invitations sent to appropriate personnel for such an occassion.  Laptop registration station for CAPTalk present at check-in.   ;D

Seriously, though, if you guys want to do some informal CAPTalk-and-friends get-together, I'd be happy to but I'd still want to make the actual NER banquet. (I have to justify the cost of my mess dress by using it when I can!)   We could do them on separate nights?   :)

Major_Chuck

Seriously, though, if you guys want to do some informal CAPTalk-and-friends get-together, I'd be happy to but I'd still want to make the actual NER banquet. (I have to justify the cost of my mess dress by using it when I can!)   We could do them on separate nights?   :)
[/quote]

I thought you bought your mess dress for the cruise photos.  :)
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Westernslope

I am leaving tomorrow for the RMR Conference in Jackson Hole, Wy. I'll buy a round of drinks for any CAPTalkers who make it.  ;)

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on October 04, 2005, 02:51:44 AM
QuoteSeriously, though, if you guys want to do some informal CAPTalk-and-friends get-together, I'd be happy to but I'd still want to make the actual NER banquet. (I have to justify the cost of my mess dress by using it when I can!)   We could do them on separate nights?   :)

I thought you bought your mess dress for the cruise photos.  :)

Okay, okay... ya got me!  Maybe it's a little bit of both.  ;)   ;D

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on October 04, 2005, 04:17:09 AM
I am leaving tomorrow for the RMR Conference in Jackson Hole, Wy. I'll buy a round of drinks for any CAPTalkers who make it.  ;)

Haha, you put that offer out only because you figure no CAPTalkers will actually make it to the RMR conference, tomorrow.  ;) 

Let us know how it went when you get back!

Westernslope

"Haha, you put that offer out only because you figure no CAPTalkers will actually make it to the RMR conference, tomorrow.  ;)  "

OK, now you got me!!!  I shoulda made the offer earlier but there is still time to book a flight for Jackson Hole to make the conference on Saturday!  :)

MIKE

* Bump *

See you Thursday or Friday Mike.  :)

Got any idea of the schedule of events for Friday and Saturday, 'cause I don't.
Mike Johnston

Pylon

I have no clue.  Myself and a lurking CAPTalk member will be attending.  It'll be nice to finally put faces to names.   :D

NIN

There might be some other lurkers there...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MIKE

Have not run into Pylon or any other known CAPTalk members at NER Conference yet... Probably would have found me at the registration table as I was there pretty much all day Friday hocking raffle tickets and monitoring the static on VHF.

Amost called to see where you were Mike... 'cause I was getting wicked bored, but did not want to interrupt if you were in a seminar or something... 

Did not get to the SIMS seminar 'cause there was nobody to cover for me this morning unfortunately.  Was looking forward to that one.

Met Brig Gen Glasgow this evening... Why do they aways come up to you in civvies and expect you not to be surprised when they introduce themselves. Uh... hello uh... sir.  Maj Gen Pineda was also there chatting on the couch in the lobby... But again less recognizable in civies...

Cadet Ken is MIA unfortunately... Would have made for some good photo ops.

If anyone is looking for me Saturday... I'm planning on being at the General Assembly.  Mike, you can give me a call if you can't seem to locate me.

Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on November 12, 2005, 02:01:21 AM
Have not run into Pylon or any other known CAPTalk members at NER Conference yet... Probably would have found me at the registration table as I was there pretty much all day Friday hocking raffle tickets and monitoring the static on VHF.

Amost called to see where you were Mike... 'cause I was getting wicked bored, but did not want to interrupt if you were in a seminar or something... 

Did not get to the SIMS seminar 'cause there was nobody to cover for me this morning unfortunately.  Was looking forward to that one.

Met Brig Gen Glasgow this evening... Why do they aways come up to you in civvies and expect you not to be surprised when they introduce themselves. Uh... hello uh... sir.  Maj Gen Pineda was also there chatting on the couch in the lobby... But again less recognizable in civies...

Cadet Ken is MIA unfortunately... Would have made for some good photo ops.

If anyone is looking for me Saturday... I'm planning on being at the General Assembly.  Mike, you can give me a call if you can't seem to locate me.

Well, I just got back last night from the NER Conference in Boxboro, MA.  Fun times!  I did finally stumble across Mike and we shot the breeze for a little bit.  The Conference was good -- there were some interesting sessions.

The banquet was great.  I sat at the CT Wing King's table, and also got photo ops with Generals Pineda and Glasgow.   ;D

Since the conference ended Saturday night, I figured I'd make the most use of my travel and the weekend, so my friend and I stopped in Boston on Sunday before heading back to NY.

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on November 14, 2005, 02:13:58 PM
Well, I just got back last night from the NER Conference in Boxboro, MA.  Fun times!  I did finally stumble across Mike and we shot the breeze for a little bit.  The Conference was good -- there were some interesting sessions.

It was nice to finally meet you in person. I wonder what this does for my credibility?  ;D

I think having NIN and Stanford at the Cadet Programs seminar made it a lot more interesting than it might have been otherwise.  Maybe we ruined it for everyone else?

We never did get that group photo though.  :(

Mike Johnston

Matt

speaking of photos... Is the photo album's area working again?
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>