What Wing Commander had the shortest tour/term?

Started by Private Investigator, February 23, 2014, 06:38:39 PM

Chappie

Quote from: bosshawk on February 24, 2014, 02:00:15 AM
If my old brain still remembers, the Col who commanded CAWG briefly was named Munoz and he retired soon after getting canned.  I was the CD Director at the time and he and I had a number of things in common in that regard, so I heard from him a time or two after he lost his eagles.

When all is said and done, what difference does it make?  That was seven years ago.  A couple of you guys from CAWG didn't have the close dealings with a  follow-on Wing King that I had and you can be glad for that.

I was at an evaluated SARX in Bakersfield while he was the Commander.   It was the first time I met him and was the last time I saw him.  Later that afternoon, the SARX was shut down because somehow the base staff "lost" an aircraft.   The aircraft was not responding to the reporting in and to repeated calls.   Long story short...someone had confused the tail numbers/call signs.  They were out there but not identified correctly.    It was a very scary period of time....especially with the PCR Liaison Officer on board.  Everyone breathed a big sigh of relief when the mistake was learned and that all on board were safe.   Needless to say, it was not the evaluation did not go well.

He may be a great guy and all...but he was not a good fit for the CAWG.  Very unfortunate for both he and the wing.

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Private Investigator

That first week in September 2007 was the Fossett search too. Interesting times indeed.  8)