Picture: CFEL (Cadet Flying Encampment License) 1970 in Stillwater, Oklahoma

Started by Cindi, July 07, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Cindi

1970 CFEL Patch:

This picture taken in the summer of 1970 in Stillwater, Oklahoma at the 1970 CFEL (patch above):

The airplane we trained in was a Cessna Model 150:

Cost to cadet: $99 for one months meals and lodging in a dorm at Oklahoma State University.
Airfare to Oklahoma and back was paid for by the CAP.
You needed to have passed your FAA written, have soloed and have a 2nd class medical certificate and you were good to go.

ol'fido

Outstanding. Wish I could get something like that for that price these days.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Mitchell 1969

Holy moly! I am in that group photo and my signature is on the 150 photo!  But...I have no memory of the photo being taken, or of signing the other one.

If there is any way to get high quality scans of these, I'd sure appreciate them.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Cindi

BJJW:

Message me with a mailing address and I will be glad to send you the originals.

Cindi

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on July 30, 2013, 09:33:00 AM
Holy moly! I am in that group photo and my signature is on the 150 photo!  But...I have no memory of the photo being taken, or of signing the other one.

If there is any way to get high quality scans of these, I'd sure appreciate them.

The problem with the group photo is its not all that clear to begin with. Don't feel bad, I sure as hell don't remember the group picture being taken or folks signing the other picture. Found these in the garage, glad to give you the originals now that I have scanned them in.

Post your pictures when you find them!

Housekeeper VOR out