Your top greatest heroes list?

Started by ElectricPenguin, April 27, 2011, 08:57:25 PM

ElectricPenguin

Who are your top heroes? (Doesn't need to be military)

Mine is:
1. Leslie McMahon Reigart (USN, Gave up his position to save a life)
2. Mahatma Gandhi
3. Esther (The Jew)

mclarke

1. Joan of Arc
2. Esther (The Jew)
3. Mighty Mouse (Do not laugh)

titanII

1. Chuck Yeager
2. Neil Armstrong
3. Gen. Petraeus

despite all being military people, I don't admire them for their military accomplishments. All are outstanding people who stay true to themselves and their values, despite their accomplishments. that is more admirable IMHO.
No longer active on CAP talk

mclarke

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 27, 2011, 09:17:04 PM
Quote from: mclarke on April 27, 2011, 09:07:23 PM
2. Esther (The Jew)

I forgot about her! ;D

Not me. I am Jewish, and I actually want to name my first son Mordecai and first daughter Esther.

DBlair

Quote from: mclarke on April 27, 2011, 09:31:04 PM
2. Esther (The Jew)

I forgot about her! ;D

Not me. I am Jewish, and I actually want to name my first son Mordecai and first daughter Esther.

I'm guessing your favorite holiday is Purim? :)
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

ElectricPenguin

2. Esther (The Jew)

I forgot about her! ;D

Hoorah! Happy late passover.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: DBlair on April 27, 2011, 09:49:49 PM
2. Esther (The Jew)

I forgot about her! ;D

Mine is either that or passover. I only like hanukka for the $. Good time for new gear.

mclarke

2. Esther (The Jew)

I forgot about her! ;D

Nope, but forgive my spelling (bad at Hebrew). My favorite is Tu B'Shavout

DBlair

Quote from: mclarke on April 27, 2011, 10:02:47 PM
2. Esther (The Jew)

I forgot about her! ;D

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but you combined two holidays: Shavuot and Tu B'Shevat.

We're getting off-topic, though... still thinking of my grestest hero list...

mclarke

I meant the latter. Like I said, forgive my spelling, Tu B'Shevat. But yes, we are off topic.

I want to get back on topic. Can I vote for Donald Trump as my hero?

DBlair

Quote from: mclarke on April 27, 2011, 10:21:55 PM
Can I vote for Donald Trump as my hero?

Well, he has accomplished quite a bit and many of us in Real Estate and Business would certainly consider him a hero. hehe

mclarke

Yeah, if he runs for President I am totally voting for him or Nater. :D

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

LCDR. Kevin "Kojak" Davis: Fmr CAP cadet from MAWG, fmr Blue Angels #7-6. Died in 2007. (No I didn't learn about him reading through the L2L books.) He was a great man, and I want to follow in his foot steps and become a pilot, except in the USAF.
COL. Anthony "Kimo" Shciavi: Fmr 102nd Fighter Wing pilot, current 102nd Intelligence Wing Commander. He is another good man and his undullable past and the fact he has one air victory (one kill) is impressive.
Nelson mandella: He free'd a bunch of people and over came great odds. Not much to say.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: DBlair on April 27, 2011, 10:19:20 PM
Quote from: mclarke on April 27, 2011, 10:02:47 PM
2. Esther (The Jew)

I forgot about her! ;D

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but you combined two holidays: Shavuot and Tu B'Shevat.

We're getting off-topic, though... still thinking of my grestest hero list...

Hahaha I wondered by it didn't make sense.

ElectricPenguin

I meant the latter. Like I said, forgive my spelling, Tu B'Shevat. But yes, we are off topic.

No you may not. He has a whole attitude thing. Calling the prez an illegal, didn't the prez just release his birth papers?  :P :o ;D

mclarke

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 27, 2011, 11:51:58 PM

No you may not. He has a whole attitude thing. Calling the prez an outlander, didn't the prez just release his birth papers?  :P

Okay, that is why I like him. I can not remember where, however, at one point a "Provincial Registration" was released saying Obama was born in Kenya, but his birth was recorded in Hawaii.

Second, birthplace aside, what irritated me is that he is our President. If the American People question his eligibility, he should be obligated to provide that proof. It is not like we work for him (Civilians and Non-CAP). We are the ones paying him, we have a right to know that he is actually eligible, which is what irritated me. He even said that his birth certificate should not be important.

The only reason Obama released it is because Trump got him too. I mean, with the current president there are too many inconsistencies. He was born in Hawaii, yet his SSN is a CT number.
He is a Christian, but yet when asked "Are you a muslim" he will not say "No". Why? Because once a muslim worships another religion, that is okay, however, if he at anytime denies being muslim he can be executed.
On top of which, if he is a Christian, why is he granting the muslims permission to build a mosque on ground zero? That is pretty much guaranteeing a riot, if not straight out inciting it.

I am sorry, however, I feel that if I do not stop I can go on and on about what I do not agree with so I am going to shut up.

BACK ON TOPIC! DO NOT GET ME GOING ON POLITICS!!!

HGjunkie

That whole "Birther" movement is bunk. The POTUS is Hawaiian, deal with it.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

manfredvonrichthofen

Personal Hero 1: Sgt Isaac Palomarez, Served with distinction with the 1/506 INF at Fort Campbell. Sgt Palomarez served in Iraq in 2005-2006. He never complained about anything during his entire deployment. When given an order he said roger and moved out and got the job done ASAP. He served in Afghanistan from January 2008 until giving his life in combat on May 9 2008.

Personal Hero 2: Michael Monsoor, served with distinction and honor in Navy Seal Team 2. He served multiple deployments and was deployed to Iraq in support of Task Force Currahee from 2005- September 29 2006. On September 29 2006 he jumped on a hand grenade thrown into his position giving his life for his brothers. Monsoor was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Personal Hero 3: Maj Richard "Dick" Winters, everyone pretty much knows why.