Main Menu

Veterans Day 2014

Started by winterg, November 11, 2014, 04:09:23 PM

winterg

To all my fellow CAP family who have served, and are continuing to serve, I give you my heartfelt gratitude.  Though we may disagree on occasion, ours is a bond that can never be broken.

Active Duty USAF, 1990 - 1995
UH-1N Crew Chief

Army National Guard, 2001 - 2002
13B Paladin Gunner

Luis R. Ramos

I just participated in the New York City Veteran's Day Parade.

A little more than 100 cadets and senior members from Southeastern Group, NY; New York City Group, NY; Long Island Group, NY; and CT attended.

Three vans, the two from NYCG and the other from...?

We also got to carry the flag that is hailed as the Sept 11 flag, one senior from my squadron, another senior from Academy, and one cadet from my squadron among others.

Walked North along 5th Ave, from about 36th Street towards 52nd Street.

Confirmed that I am too old to march in parades. Will be 60 next month!

Those in Blues with Flags and CAP banner, and the Sept 11 flag carried by some in Blues some in BDUs, then more of us in BDUs. I brought up the rear, last echelon with two other seniors.

And I join the OP to give thanks to all who served and still serve.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

LATORRECA

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 12, 2014, 12:20:37 AM
I just participated in the New York City Veteran's Day Parade.

A little more than 100 cadets and senior members from Southeastern Group, NY; New York City Group, NY; Long Island Group, NY; and CT attended.

Three vans, the two from NYCG and the other from...?

We also got to carry the flag that is hailed as the Sept 11 flag, one senior from my squadron, another senior from Academy, and one cadet from my squadron among others.

Walked North along 5th Ave, from about 36th Street towards 52nd Street.

Confirmed that I am too old to march in parades. Will be 60 next month!

Those in Blues with Flags and CAP banner, and the Sept 11 flag carried by some in Blues some in BDUs, then more of us in BDUs. I brought up the rear, last echelon with two other seniors.

And I join the OP to give thanks to all who served and still serve.

Thank you Luis. I wish I could be there to see it and thanks to all the vets and service members whom serves. In and out of the military.

S/F
Gunz.