Main Menu

video

Started by abdsp51, May 31, 2012, 03:18:49 PM

abdsp51

Quick video about Civil Air Patrol located at Osan at http:www.afsec.af.mil/news/video/index.asp look for the one that says Civil Air Patrol.  And it's produced by the AF.

BrannG

It was a great focus on the Cadet Program! Awesome!

Lackland Cadet Squadron - SWR-TX-007 2012-Current
Kelly Composite Squadron - 42178 (Deactivated) 1994-2000
Cadet from 1994-1998
Senior Member from 1998-2000, 2012-Current
United States Air Force 2000-2006, 0-3

krnlpanick

I never thought about the fact that the program was running on overseas bases. Nice find!
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

NIN

Quote from: krnlpanick on May 31, 2012, 06:07:57 PM
I never thought about the fact that the program was running on overseas bases. Nice find!

That's gotta be fairly new. I was stationed 10-12 miles from Osan BITD and there was no CAP unit there.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

abdsp51

The Osan unit looks new, they were not there in 03 to 04.  And there are at least two units in germany one is at Ramstein and the. Other is at Spangdahlem.  Those units are more geared towars the CP than anything else.

krnlpanick

New or not, it makes sense - especially with a focus on CP. As difficult as it is for kids to adjust sometimes to being in a military family I think this is a great move to help them cope with their family being uprooted and moved someplace else in the world every time a parent gets stationed someplace else. This is especially true if there is a CAP Unit wherever they are relocating to as well. It gives them a sense of belonging and being part of something, which is lacking when you move around a lot as a kid.

Just my $0.02
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 31, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
Those units are more geared towars the CP than anything else.

That's by design. Overseas squadrons have to be Cadet Programs only, per CAP regulation.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

abdsp51

Quote from: Pylon link=topic=15458.msg279115#msg27
9115 date=1338495998

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 31, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
Those units are more geared towars the CP than anything else.

That's by design. Overseas squadrons have to be Cadet Programs only, per CAP regulation.

SOFA also plays a big part of it as well, and thats even permitting the blessing of the base cc and finding an active duty memeber to be the sq cc.

Sgt. Fischer

When I clicked on the CAP video, it had nothing to do with CAP.....  :o

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

ßτε

abdsp51

Looks like there is a glitch with the site let's try this;

http://www.afsec.af.mil/news/video/index.asp?cid=3&sid=27327

This is the url for it.

Sgt. Fischer

Okay! Thanks for the link! It worked!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

spacecommand

Quote from: krnlpanick on May 31, 2012, 06:07:57 PM

Overseas units are nothing new, but as indicated, the one at Osan might be a reactivated unit.  Because of the turn over some units overseas go through, some units go inactive then active again.  I've seen the Osan unit appear on CAP contact lists in the not too distant past (they were are all listed under National/NHQ on the contact list).

Overseas CAP Units:

SOUTH KOREA
NHQ127 OSAN AB CADET SQUADRON

JAPAN
NHQ100 OKINAWA CADET SQDN
NHQ103 YOKOTA CADET SQUADRON UNIT
NHQ113 113TH CADET SQDN, MISAWA

GERMANY
NHQ119 RAMSTEIN CADET SQUADRON UNIT
NHQ126 SPANGDAHLEM CADET SQ UNIT

As indicated these are overseas Cadet Squadrons, no ES mission (though training is possible on base, but no funds).  O-flights often provided by base aero-clubs if available following CAP O-flight syllabus, again, not funded. 

Reference: "CAPR 35-4 Overseas Cadet Squadrons (Overseas Cadet Squadrons Only)" for overseas cadet squadron organization.

abdsp51

I was part of the Ramstein squadron from 94-98.

Private Investigator

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 31, 2012, 03:18:49 PM
Quick video about Civil Air Patrol located at Osan

Thanks for sharing. That was awesome.

abdsp51

Quote from: Private Investigator on June 02, 2012, 08:50:52 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on May 31, 2012, 03:18:49 PM
Quick video about Civil Air Patrol located at Osan

Thanks for sharing. That was awesome.

Not a problem I thought it was awesome when I watched it at work, and thought it was something worth posting.  The nice thing about some overseas units is you can/have support from the AF for your activities and such.  It also shows the determination of the SMs who are active duty especially in busy work centers like those overseas. 

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Hello everyone,

Here is a video made by AFN about the Spangdahlem/Germany CAP unit.  Unfortunately there were not too many cadets present that day but it was a great tour.

http://spangdahlem.afneurope.net/Home/ArticleDisplayDD/tabid/1590/Default.aspx?aid=18337
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG