Video evidence of youth hazing

Started by N Harmon, September 03, 2011, 03:17:41 PM

N Harmon

NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

capmaj

Flying Pig

Do you understand that.... >:D  Youd have to have lived it to appreciate how funny that is!

If the other kid had yelled back "Aye Sir" it would have been icing on the cake!  (And No...I dont mean Aye Aye Sir.  A few of you will get it.)

HAAA!

Briski

In light of the DRAFT CAPP 52-23 Cadet Protection Policy Implementation Guide, would this incident be considered hazing (as the title of the thread suggests), or is it an example of an appropriate intensity level for the educational setting and training goals?
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

ProdigalJim

Quote from: Briski on September 04, 2011, 01:36:30 AM
In light of the DRAFT CAPP 52-23 Cadet Protection Policy Implementation Guide, would this incident be considered hazing (as the title of the thread suggests), or is it an example of an appropriate intensity level for the educational setting and training goals?

Given the apparent age, I gather the educational setting and training goals probably don't encompass much more than coloring in the lines and naming the animals at the zoo...  :o
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

N Harmon

FWIW, the topic subject was not meant to imply that this would be considered hazing, but rather to put the viewer in a certain disposition before viewing. This was intentionally posted in the Lobby, and not under Cadet Programs Management & Activities.  ;)
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Flying Pig

This "hazing" incident appears to be condoned by the Sgt chain of command.

Eclipse

Quote from: Briski on September 04, 2011, 01:36:30 AM

Fun aside, that level of FMJ nonsense is never appropriate for CAP training of cadets.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on September 04, 2011, 02:25:40 AM
Not everything is srs bssn.

Want to try that again in something other than "genuine frontier gibberish"?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Extremepredjudice

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ol'fido

I vote that we all get Ned Lee to make a short(20-30 min), informative video on hazing that would replace the current death-by-powerpoint version of Required Staff Torture(RST) and incorporate this small amusing clip.

Do I have a Second?
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on September 04, 2011, 02:49:43 AM
Fun aside, that level of FMJ nonsense is never appropriate for CAP training of cadets.

Oh, thank god you got that out of the way.

:)

Otherwise we'll have 3 1/2 ft tall mini-Jarheads in cammies and brown-rounds at our encampments.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Briski

Quote from: ol'fido on September 04, 2011, 08:24:09 PM
I vote that we all get Ned Lee to make a short(20-30 min), informative video on hazing that would replace the current death-by-powerpoint version of Required Staff Torture(RST) and incorporate this small amusing clip.

Do I have a Second?

Seconded. 8)
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: Briski on September 04, 2011, 09:54:07 PM

Do I have a Second?

Seconded. 8)

I second the second.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on September 04, 2011, 10:17:46 PM
Quote from: Briski on September 04, 2011, 09:54:07 PM

Do I have a Second?

Seconded. 8)

I second the second.
I ate(eight) the second.  :P

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

JC004

I replace the consumed second.  A Ned clip could be greatly entertaining.  He also has an interesting method of herding cadets across large intersections. 

jimmydeanno

Psh.  That kid should be turned in to the authorities for wearing ribbons he's never earned.  Hasn't he ever heard of the stolen valor act? 

This post was laced with intense sarcasm for those of you too dull to recognize it
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill