New Cadet Certificates

Started by MSG Mac, January 22, 2020, 01:02:44 AM

MSG Mac

Just had our first cadet achieve C/1Lt. Are the new certificates (Brown, Boyd, and Ride) sent from National HQ or are they supposed to be downloaded and locally printed like the Wright Bros. Certificate?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

ßτε

Since they are achievements and not milestone awards, there would be no accompanying certificate. This is like Armstrong in Phase 2, for instance.

MSG Mac

No, National announced and showed the Certificates at the National Conference.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Those certificates shown off by the NCAC appear to have been intended for display at NHQ.

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/2019_Booklet_BBBBB71B17FA4.pdf
There's no indication there will cadet certs for these in the FAQ on page 2.

"Further, the cadets wanted to do things right. To celebrate the legacies of Brown,
Boyd, and Ride, the honorees' families needed to be located and invited to officially
endorse the honoree's new association with CAP. These efforts spanned
three NCAC terms, and now certificates lovingly endorsed by the Brown, Boyd, and
Ride families are proudly displayed at National Headquarters."
[/u][/b].

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Thats correct. There is no certificate for the achievement.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

arajca

Are there good image of the certificates shown in the picture available?

Disregard, found something that will work...

baronet68

I believe the certificates in the photo are "certifying" the creation of these achievements as "named" achievements... not examples of certificates that would be awarded to cadets.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

arajca

True, but the page has more info. I have some dead time tomorrow, so I'll take a swing at creating something appropriate for presenting...

Fester

Quote from: arajca on January 22, 2020, 07:20:17 PM
True, but the page has more info. I have some dead time tomorrow, so I'll take a swing at creating something appropriate for presenting...

Why? If there aren't sanctioned certificates to present for those achievements, why would you create one to present?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Fester on January 23, 2020, 06:32:12 AM
Quote from: arajca on January 22, 2020, 07:20:17 PM

Why? If there aren't sanctioned certificates to present for those achievements, why would you create one to present?

This ^^^^^

They are achievements. Steps along the path to awards. There is no need to "certificatize" every step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

CAP9907

...and that is the last word. Done//

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0