Wright Brothers Testing

Started by SJMill2K, February 17, 2018, 05:41:10 PM

SJMill2K

Hello, I am soon going to be taking my Wright Brothers Test. Are there any tips that I need to know?

I_Am_Twigs

Study lots, and review with your wingman or a friend. Review with flash cards or some sort of game, make sure you know your rank structure. Also I don't remember if there's a time limit or not but don't rush if you can't answer a question then skip it and come back to it later.

Hope this helps, good luck!

-Twigs
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

I am currently going to be taking mine in 2 weeks so I am curious to know this as well.

But I found this awesome cadet on [youtube]. Here is the video link https://youtu.be/qocBAIPl6bw
C/SSgt Cassie

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

Also, I made a study website for the Wright Brother's Test on what I think the test... Here is the link https://quizlet.com/267012785/learn

Anyone who has taken the Wright Brother's Test if you could, could you check the link out and tell me if I need to fix anything on there.
C/SSgt Cassie

abdsp51

Stay away from anything other than your books.  That is what the material is from and what you need to know.  Also make sure you are taking the correct version of the test.

Only use your notes and the books do not use anything else. 

Airplane girl

What I did was first I read through the chapters several times, then I took notes on all of the chapters in a notebook, and then I made a quizlet and studied using the gravity game.

Also if you're going to use quizlet, I would recommend making your own, even if it is more effort than just finding one. It will help you study to write everything down. Also, you can't guarantee than anyone else's quizlet is going to be completely accurate.

Good luck!

Pace

Tangential to the OP's question, if you want to truly learn a subject thoroughly, teach it to someone else. That doesn't mean read them the book, but know the material well enough to teach it to another cadet. As you go through the lesson, you will quickly discover any holes or limits in your own knowledge of the subject and will then know where your studies should focus.
Lt Col, CAP

MSG Mac

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 17, 2018, 08:35:12 PM
Stay away from anything other than your books.  That is what the material is from and what you need to know.  Also make sure you are taking the correct version of the test.

Wright is a closed book test which is now only available on line. They draw from a pool of 300 questions. Study everything, especially the review questions at the end of each chapter.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Jester

Quote from: MSG Mac on February 18, 2018, 04:03:06 AM

Wright is a closed book test which is now only available on line. They draw from a pool of 300 questions. Study everything, especially the review questions at the end of each chapter.

Are they completely online now or can I print a test from the question bank and destroy it afterwards?

I thought that was how it was supposed to work after 1 Feb, but I haven't figured out where to get the test yet.

I_Am_Twigs

Quote from: Jester on February 19, 2018, 09:53:36 PM
Quote from: MSG Mac on February 18, 2018, 04:03:06 AM

Are they completely online now or can I print a test from the question bank and destroy it afterwards?

I thought that was how it was supposed to work after 1 Feb, but I haven't figured out where to get the test yet.

I haven't heard anything about printing a test. So to be on the safe side I'd say just study for it
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

Jester

You're missing what I'm asking. I don't take the test. I administer it.

Paper, inventoried tests were supposed to go away on 1 Feb. they were to be replaced by a one-use test that pulls questions from the bank and randomizes the order. When it's taken and scored, it is destroyed and any failures get a new test with different and/or reordered questions.

I can't find anything on eservices except the regular, online proctored milestone test. My unit doesn't have reliable internet capability so this isn't a very feasible method for me. I need to be able to print paper tests.

AdAstra

A Testing Officer can download a copy of the Wright Bros. exam for one-time use. Go to eServices --> Cadet Online Testing --> Milestone Tests --> Download Quiz --> Select Quiz (from dropdown menu). This includes the answer key, so be sure to separate the last page before handing it to the cadet!

CAPR 40-2 requires that hard copy tests be logged and regularly inventoried. It mentions downloading, administering and destroying achievement and milestone tests, but does not say anything about logging those transactions. I think it prudent to log these downloaded tests, when they were administered and when they were destroyed.
Charles Wiest

abdsp51

Quote from: AdAstra on February 19, 2018, 11:05:46 PM
A Testing Officer can download a copy of the Wright Bros. exam for one-time use. Go to eServices --> Cadet Online Testing --> Milestone Tests --> Download Quiz --> Select Quiz (from dropdown menu). This includes the answer key, so be sure to separate the last page before handing it to the cadet!

CAPR 40-2 requires that hard copy tests be logged and regularly inventoried. It mentions downloading, administering and destroying achievement and milestone tests, but does not say anything about logging those transactions. I think it prudent to log these downloaded tests, when they were administered and when they were destroyed.

With milestones with the exception of the Spaatz exam being online there is no longer a need for a unit to maintain hard copies of any tests.

Jester

Quote from: AdAstra on February 19, 2018, 11:05:46 PM

That worked. Thanks!

KarlIceman

Quote from: Second_In_Command on February 17, 2018, 05:41:10 PM
Hello, I am soon going to be taking my Wright Brothers Test. Are there any tips that I need to know?
Study and retain what you learn...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk