New Iowa Wing commander Announced

Started by isuhawkeye, December 22, 2007, 04:45:17 AM

isuhawkeye

this message was recently posted on the Iowa Wing Virtual Office.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Company:  HQ  Iowa Wing -- U.S. Civil Air Patrol
Project: Officer's Club --- Iowa Wing Civil Air Patrol
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Col. Ralph <cc@iawg.cap.gov> from  HQ  Iowa Wing -- U.S. Civil Air
Patrol said:

I received a call tonight from the Region Commander who told me that
   LtCol Critelli has been selected as the next wing commander. Make
   plans to come to the January WTA for the change of command.

--
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
To comment on this message

Lt Col. Critelli has been a valuable assett to the CAP, and many look forward to his term as Commander. 

Major Carrales

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Johnny Yuma

OUTSTANDING!!!

Now I guess I gotta stow my joke about a Barrister being the guy at Starbucks who makes your Mocha latte. ;D
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

fyrfitrmedic

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

AlphaSigOU

Remember, Col. C... no promotion is ever official until it's officially wetted down at the o-club!

Congratulations, Col. Critelli!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

ZigZag911

Best of luck to the new Iowa CC!

An exceptionally fine choice of a dedicated senior officer.

ZigZag911

I just got off the phone with Col. Critelli, who is in the hospital....in fact, he learned of his appointment as wing commander while being wheeled into surgery!

He is recovering well and hopes to be home for Christmas.

Col. Critelli asked me to extend his thanks to everyone for  the many congratulatory messages sent to him, and to offer his best wishes to all for safe and happy holidays!

Major Carrales

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on December 22, 2007, 03:43:49 PM
Remember, Col. C... no promotion is ever official until it's officially wetted down at the o-club!

Congratulations, Col. Critelli!

Shall we open the "virtual O-Club."  Now, there's a name for a forum.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

ZigZag911

If this were 18th century Royal Navy I'd say it's definitely time to "splice the main brace"!

Major Carrales

Quote from: ZigZag911 on December 22, 2007, 05:49:32 PM
If this were 18th century Royal Navy I'd say it's definitely time to "splice the main brace"!

If it's the 19th Century, feel free to "Tap the Admiral."

Commander
SWR-TX-454

bosshawk

It certainly looks like the good guys do win, occasionally.  Congratulations, Col Critelli.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

isuhawkeye

Not even 12 hours since the announcement NOTF has already added there $0.02.  got to love the self destructive nature of this organisation

JAFO78

LtCol Critelli  Congrats sir........ :clap: :clap: :clap:
JAFO

Al Sayre

Quote from: isuhawkeye on December 22, 2007, 06:56:03 PM
Not even 12 hours since the announcement NOTF has already added there $0.02.  got to love the self destructive nature of this organisation

Yeah, I saw that, sounds like sour grapes on someone who didn't get picked's part.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Johnny Yuma

I've got the Grog!

"To wives and to Sweethearts - May they never meet!"
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on December 23, 2007, 12:17:39 AM

I've got the Grog!

"To wives and to Sweethearts - May they never meet!"

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh... don't mention grog, you might offend some folks  ;D

(um, this should be in that OTHER thread)
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

dhon27

Congrats Lt Col Critelli.  From what I've seen, you're dedication can only serve to further advance CAP nationally, and certainly at the State Level.  Bravo Zulu!

lordmonar

Well I don't know Lt Col Critelli, but if Ray Hayden and Skip Munger don't like him...I am inclined to think he is an alright guy! ;D

Congrats Nick.  Get well soon!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP