Vanguard CAP Sword (pictures)

Started by JC004, August 29, 2007, 06:09:31 PM

Trung Si Ma

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 29, 2007, 06:54:58 PM
Are you near Ft. Sill? Cause I'm sending a henchman in October for FA OBC.

Yes we are.  The squadron meets at the Lawton - Fort Sill Regional Airport on Wednesday Evenings at 1830.

Couldn't the henchman qualify for Benning?
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

RogueLeader

If you call being about 1/4 mile from Ft. Sill Close, than yes, I am.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CAPLAW

I just ordered ten of them to pass out to the group CAC, we are changing the name of CAC to the Knights of the round table.  Does VanCrap sell and archery set as well.  We are going play Robin Hood with the new wing banking system ;D

Whate a joke >:D

afgeo4

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 29, 2007, 07:02:42 PM

If you call being about 1/4 mile from Ft. Sill Close, than yes, I am.
Well I do, but he prefers ruck marches. I'm sure he'll take the long way around OKC to get there.
GEORGE LURYE

RogueLeader

But Where around Ft Sill am I?  >:D >:D >:D There is quite a bit of land. ;D ;D ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

afgeo4

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on August 29, 2007, 06:59:23 PM

Yes we are.  The squadron meets at the Lawton - Fort Sill Regional Airport on Wednesday Evenings at 1830.

Couldn't the henchman qualify for Benning?
The henchman couldn't get grades high enough in law school compared to people who were in undergrad, so he didn't get his first pick of Infantry or his 2nd pick of Armor.
GEORGE LURYE

Skyray

My retirement shadow box only has a white aviator's shirt with one maroon and one grey Lieutenant Colonel's shoulderboards and solo wings.  Oh, yeah, and a grey three line nametag with my nickname "Johnson."
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

JC004

Quote from: sandman on August 29, 2007, 06:58:41 PM
(...funny though, I thought it would be made of maroon nerf foam...... ;))

lmao   :D

afgeo4

Quote from: Skyray on August 29, 2007, 07:29:17 PM
My retirement shadow box only has a white aviator's shirt with one maroon and one grey Lieutenant Colonel's shoulderboards and solo wings.  Oh, yeah, and a grey three line nametag with my nickname "Johnson."

:D
Sorry... a scene from Austin Powers came to mind.
GEORGE LURYE

♠SARKID♠

Wow! Every year at the Wisconsin Cadet Academy, they give a real/replica Civil War style sabre to the honor cadet of the wek.  I wonder if they'll replace it with this now?

pixelwonk

Replica sabre: around $40

CAP sword: $300

not likely.

♠SARKID♠

TDHenderson

Now why in the heck do we need a sword?  Who's the moron who thought this one up?

Perhaps it transforms into a DF mast when you press a button.  Now that would be handy while in Mess Dress.....    ::)

Sgt. Savage

What's the reg on wearing a sword like that?

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 29, 2007, 07:40:44 PM
....a real/replica Civil War style sabre ....

I that like genuine imitation Naugahyde?

♠SARKID♠

If I knew what Naugahyde was, I'd probably say yes.  I say real because it looks real and not like a plastic/nerf POS.  And i say replica because, well, its a replica lol

Trung Si Ma

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 29, 2007, 07:27:07 PM
The henchman couldn't get grades high enough in law school compared to people who were in undergrad, so he didn't get his first pick of Infantry or his 2nd pick of Armor.

And now, as a Fire Supporter, he will get to play with both branches.

Is he a pilot?  Let him know that I'll take him for a flight around the local area if he wants to see it from the air.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

jimmydeanno

I think it looks pretty sharp (pun intended), but they could have left the Cessna off it.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

Intel report: Vanguard CAP supervisor tells me that it will be added to the site.  They have a number of things that are going to be added, and they are working on adjusting all the mistakes in item identification and such.

Skyray

You have a National Commander who really likes bling.  Anyway you cut it, a ceremonial sword is bling. Any questions?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

sandman

I like the idea of having this sword. Although a bit out of most individuals budgets especially individual squadrons, I could see a wing procuring several of these gems for an honor guard program.

You have to keep in mind that the swords come in different lengths. So ideally an honor guard program will need to purchase several swords at a couple of common lengths to make it work. Extra tall or extra short people will have to make do or purchase one of their own.

This might be difficult for cadet use though, they tend to grow upward--not as much outward like us. So for some of the common lengths of swords there is a range of heighth. Very short (temporarly short) cadets may need to wait to participate....not fair but dragging the scabbard does not convey a serious drill team or honor guard.

I see good use for an officer honor guard program.

I think I'll get one just because I can....and it might irritate some people.....gotta love that ;D

I'll wear it with my mess dress too (on an appropriate occasion) ;)
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command