Excellent quality of video feed at NB / National Board Aug '11

Started by cap235629, August 17, 2011, 08:23:57 PM

NIN

Quote from: Chappie on August 19, 2011, 02:00:25 PM
On a different note, I was moved during the Memorial Service to see Al Pabon's rank listed as Lt Col.  Brig Gen Paul Bergman was bestowed the DSM.  CAP does get things right at times.

I didn't like/agree with Gen Bergman much, but I always thought he got sort of a raw deal.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

capmaj

JC004

Quote from: Chappie on August 19, 2011, 02:00:25 PM
On a different note, I was moved during the Memorial Service to see Al Pabon's rank listed as Lt Col.  Brig Gen Paul Bergman was bestowed the DSM.  CAP does get things right at times.

I saw this on Al's Facebook page earlier in the week.  It's excellent.   :clap:

MICT1362

Alright,

So I missed the feeds but have been reading the play by play and what not.  Seems to me that we moved a lot of things to executive session that have no real need to be there.  I don't know, but this is seriously getting irritating.  I fail to see how often we perform safety education is private...

Whatever.

Medic-

NCRblues

Dear Ned,

You did lie to me... So did my wing commander and so did my region commander.

This is the post that caused so much stir during FW's Q @ A time...

From FW...
QuoteIt's no secret what the committee report was about.  The NB rejected it's recommendations however, the report/reccommendations are going to the BoG for consideration at it's June meeting.
Some interesting items:

The Executive Director will report to the National Commander; not the BoG.
The Commander will be selected by 2/3 majority of the BoG
Vice commander will be appointed by commander with confirmation of the BoG
The Vice Commander will not serve on the BoG.  A third "at large" member will be elected by the NEC.
Commander will serve a 3 year renewable term (as many terms as the BoG allows).
Commander will be "compensated"
The Commander will have sole authority to change the regulations, constitution and bylaws of CAP.
The National Legal Officer will be the principal attorney to the corporation and, the General Legal Counsel to CAP will report to the NLO.
NB will have no governance role what so ever.
The current commander will be "allowed" to step into the new role.

I think that about covers it.

Let's just say that Pineda would have been proud to present these recommendations to the BoG.
I am proud the NB acted, in what they feel, is in the best interests of CAP.  Good work!"

So, several pages on the other thread passed and me and you talked back and forth about it...you then posted this

By Ned...
QuoteNope.  Absolutely not.  I am looking at the Committee's recommendations right here in my hand, and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - about a salaried National Commander.

Nada.  Zilch.  Zip. Goose egg. Null. 

Indeed, a lot of recommendations that suggest the opposite.  (All the discussion about the Executive Director including who she/he reports to,etc., all strongly suggest that the EXDIR will remain to supervise the professionals at NHQ, and the National Commander will be the "head volunteer."

So, during FW's Q & A time, a Colonel and NB member, jumped up and asked FW why he posted the governace study BULLET POINT STYLE on captalk. The Colonel asking FW the question went on to say it was "basically word for word".....

SO, if you did not lie to me, than we had a member of the national board violate the ethics code in front of the WHOLE NB to influence the election. So the election is void then...Lie's Ned....someone lied to the members. You? Amy Courter? The whole NB?

I want answers.

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

JeffDG

Quote from: NCRblues on August 19, 2011, 07:08:09 PM
SO, if you did not lie to me, than we had a member of the national board violate the ethics code in front of the WHOLE NB to influence the election. So the election is void then...Lie's Ned....someone lied to the members. You? Amy Courter? The whole NB?

I want answers.
All of your questions were answered...in executive session.

JC004

Quote from: MICT1362 on August 19, 2011, 07:07:28 PM
Alright,

So I missed the feeds but have been reading the play by play and what not.  Seems to me that we moved a lot of things to executive session that have no real need to be there.  I don't know, but this is seriously getting irritating.  I fail to see how often we perform safety education is private...

Whatever.

Medic-

I really don't understand this either.  They keep talking about transparency and I don't see what's so secretive about these agenda items.  I am rather confused by these people.

Just what the heck are they all doing and thinking?  Where is the organization going, exactly?

AirDX

No big changes to safety.  My Wing/CC sent me this today:

As you know I am now attending the annual Summer National Board Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky.  This is the latest update on safety compliance for active CAP members.  Please forward this email to all active participants,

The 30 day (monthly) interval for mandatory safety compliance for active members will remain in place for at least the next year before any changes are made.

Active members must be safety current in order to participate in CAP activities.  To be safety current requires a face to face safety briefing or complete the on line safety quiz every 30 days (monthly).

The face to face briefings should not exceed 15 minutes and be to the point.

If a pilot is not safety current, the pilot's data will be shown as not current in eservices.  Pilots must be safety current before inputting an on line flight release request.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

a2capt

..and in good old fashioned mud slinging campaigning, if this is all they had .. A post on a web forum..

What were they scared of, change? Did the web site's transparent direction scare the crap out of people in that the status quo was going to be no-go anymore?

MICT1362

Quote from: AirDX on August 19, 2011, 07:52:40 PM
No big changes to safety.  My Wing/CC sent me this today:

As you know I am now attending the annual Summer National Board Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky.  This is the latest update on safety compliance for active CAP members.  Please forward this email to all active participants,

The 30 day (monthly) interval for mandatory safety compliance for active members will remain in place for at least the next year before any changes are made.

Active members must be safety current in order to participate in CAP activities.  To be safety current requires a face to face safety briefing or complete the on line safety quiz every 30 days (monthly).

The face to face briefings should not exceed 15 minutes and be to the point.

If a pilot is not safety current, the pilot’s data will be shown as not current in eservices.  Pilots must be safety current before inputting an on line flight release request.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If your WG/CC was in the closed door session and found this out, wouldn't that be a violation of a NDA... Not that I care, because that shouldn't have been hidden, but in all reality...

This is just all jacked up in one way or another.

Medic-

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MICT1362 on August 19, 2011, 08:18:59 PM
If your WG/CC was in the closed door session and found this out, wouldn't that be a violation of a NDA... Not that I care, because that shouldn't have been hidden, but in all reality...

This is just all jacked up in one way or another.

Medic-

Guess if he ever pisses off the other clan members, they will use it against him.

revchas

Can anybody confirm who the new  Chief of Chaplains will be? Thanks

NIN

Dear Ned,

<snip>

I want answers.

I think you seriously need a valium and a beer.  Really.   Step back from the keyboard for a little while.

If you have to post in red text, and you're getting that wrapped around the axle, maybe its time for a break, from either CAP-Talk or CAP.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NCRblues

Quote from: NIN on August 20, 2011, 01:25:01 AM
Dear Ned,

<snip>

I want answers.

I think you seriously need a valium and a beer.  Really.   Step back from the keyboard for a little while.

If you have to post in red text, and you're getting that wrapped around the axle, maybe its time for a break, from either CAP-Talk or CAP.

The red text is the quotes from another thread... it has nothing to do with how "wrapped around the axle" i am...

NIN

Quote from: NCRblues on August 20, 2011, 01:48:06 AM
The red text is the quotes from another thread... it has nothing to do with how "wrapped around the axle" i am...

There is a quote function for that. I took the red text to be emphasis, not quoting. 

If you're quoting, either use the software's quoting feature, or put quotes around the text, or set the text off using something other than differently coloured text.

All I could see from the red text was (from what it appeared) that you were *really* emphatic about something.

And we all know that in the communication process (*which this represents a great model of*), if the receiver mis-understands the intent of the sender's message, its likely because the sender did not send the correct message. (all that "concrete language" and "sender-message-receiver-feedback" stuff that I teach at cadet leadership schools does come in handy occasionally)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NCRblues

Quote from: NIN on August 20, 2011, 02:05:57 AM
Quote from: NCRblues on August 20, 2011, 01:48:06 AM

There is a quote function for that. I took the red text to be emphasis, not quoting. 

If you're quoting, either use the software's quoting feature, or put quotes around the text, or set the text off using something other than differently coloured text.

All I could see from the red text was (from what it appeared) that you were *really* emphatic about something.

And we all know that in the communication process (*which this represents a great model of*), if the receiver mis-understands the intent of the sender's message, its likely because the sender did not send the correct message. (all that "concrete language" and "sender-message-receiver-feedback" stuff that I teach at cadet leadership schools does come in handy occasionally)

So, how do you quote from another thread that is months old?

HGjunkie

[quote]Using quote tags is not as difficult as it's made out to be. Copy, paste, tag.[/quote]
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

JC004

Quote from: NCRblues on August 20, 2011, 02:12:48 AM
So, how do you quote from another thread that is months old?

Since people are having trouble with this recently, two ways:
1.  Above the smilies is a quote button.  It's above the  >:D
2.  Click quote on the post, cut it, close the reply box, then go paste it where you want to use it

NCRblues

Since i cant get the quote thing to work on this laptop, can some caring and loving mod fix it for me?

I shall be in your debt if you do. Thank you.

JC004

I can fix the quote.  Of course we shouldn't really imply as they did that he was the leak, but hopefully people will read.

and yes, you can also do as HGjunkie says - just make [quote] in the beginning and [/quote] at the end.