Excellent quality of video feed at NB / National Board Aug '11

Started by cap235629, August 17, 2011, 08:23:57 PM

jeders

Quote from: jeders on August 18, 2011, 03:09:41 PM
Currently discussing agenda item 4 Floor Nomination Transparency. Audio still too low for most mics, but way too high for one mic next to someone clapping.

If 4 passes and a nomination comes from the floor today, elections would be postponed until tomorrow.

Proposed amendment to strike 12 hour delay on voting, amendment fails for lack of a second.

Motion to table (didn't catch the persons name) because changing rules at the last minute isn't fair for those 4 who filed 90 days in advance. Pass or fail though, floor nominations are still allowed, this item adds scrutiny to floor nominations. Strong opposition in debate to tabling. Motion to table fails in vote.

Vote on motion as written passes.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JeffDG

Tubacap

Audio for me is good, although the engineer/technician should turn down the high EQ to take the ping out of it.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JeffDG

jeders

No nominations from the floor for Nat CC, Col. Weiss is first to speak.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

FW Done.  Would have liked to hear more specifics about Day 1, but that is probably not a good idea for a conservative body like this.

Gen. Carr seems to have spent some time reading the threads here...

5 mins for endorsements and ques.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2011, 03:40:22 PM
FW Done.  Would have liked to hear more specifics about Day 1, but that is probably not a good idea for a conservative body like this.

Actually I'm kinda glad he didn't, no quicker way to sink your campaign than to start laying out the details of a thousand and one changes. That said, once the coup election is done, I'm sure we'll hear more details on his plans.

I did very much like that Col Weiss made cadets so prominent, Gen Carr seems to be more primarily focused on ops.

Eclipse

FW asked about posting on governance here, based on an accusation he violated an NDA.
Said he was not in that meeting, and only commenting on information already made public.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Now asked about .BCCing people during the discussions.
Said he is for open communications.

Now some question about a old finance issue (zzzzz).

Seems like people are reaching for "gotcha" stuff, rather than what he'd do going forward.  People watch too much TMZ and Fox News.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Col. Karton comment, again about CAPTalk.

He has a printout of the CT discussion, which match the points exactly from the board discussion. 

Five minutes expired before he could respond.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Voting time.
(Counting in progress) Amending motion to table on item 4 to motion to postpone (parliamentary rules).
48-18 Gen Carr wins, sorry Col Weiss.

Eclipse

Gen. Carr up.

#1 endorsement.

#2 "Col. Carr has demonstrated his commitment to Gen. Courter."

#3 Col. Fagan - endorsement

#4 Endorsement

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPSGT

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2011, 03:47:54 PM
Seems like people are reaching for "gotcha" stuff, rather than what he'd do going forward.

That just seems to be the way politics in general are shifting in this country.  It's all about who is the least evil.  Why should CAP politics be any different?
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

JeffDG

Eclipse

((*sigh*))  Hopefully the "table / postpone" issue doesn't become the "hanging chad" of this election.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2011, 03:52:10 PM
Gen. Carr up.

#1 endorsement.

#2 "Col. Carr has demonstrated his commitment to Gen. Courter."

#3 Col. Fagan - endorsement

#4 Endorsement

Why are we talking about commitment to the outgoing commander....should it not be about the future????
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on August 18, 2011, 03:56:08 PM
My guess:  Carr:  60%, Weiss:  40%

I say dead even and light sabers at dawn to decide.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on August 18, 2011, 03:56:54 PMWhy are we talking about commitment to the outgoing commander....should it not be about the future?

I guess if you like things "as is", then that works.

"That Others May Zoom"