Main Menu

Red Beret?

Started by go4spaatz, September 05, 2013, 09:03:21 PM

go4spaatz

Based on this newsletter: http://www.ncsas.com/file.cfm/media/cms/Volume_10_Issue_6_F08850B171936.pdf
I'm going to guess the guy on Page 2 is the same guy, and it's definitely a Blue Beret. That is an extremely freaky lighting phenomena, though.
C/Capt Anand, CAP
OHWG CAC Vice-Chair

"There are an estimated ∞² threads about ABUs on CAPTalk"

a2capt

What's the MouseWorks thing? The font/type style used, the "cute" icon?

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on September 06, 2013, 03:51:53 AM
What's the MouseWorks thing? The font/type style used, the "cute" icon?

The patch on the last page.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: flyer333555 on September 06, 2013, 02:13:04 AM
The two cadets are so close together that anything affecting him should affect her equally...

Flyer
Not with today's modern cameras.....each pixel is processed separately.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

The C/LtCol is wearing a pin that was last given out in 2007, I'm willing to bet that he got that beret in 2007 too.
It's probably seen a whole lot of UV during it's lifetime. UV that tends to fade colors...

SarDragon

The only problem with that theory is that red fades worst, first. Hardly any color fades to red. It's usually red fading to something else.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

There's probably no abnormality with his beret. Just bad picture framing.

abdsp51

Quote from: PHall on September 06, 2013, 04:55:32 AM
The C/LtCol is wearing a pin that was last given out in 2007, I'm willing to bet that he got that beret in 2007 too.
It's probably seen a whole lot of UV during it's lifetime. UV that tends to fade colors...

True but blue berets tend to go greyish and not red/maroonish.

Майор Хаткевич

2013-2007= 6. Don't you need to be 16 for NBB?

Flying Pig

Quote from: NCRblues on September 06, 2013, 02:29:00 AM
For real?? Is this really going on...

Considering I was maybe MAYBE 30 foot away from the formation when this was taken, he was wearing a BLUE beret.... The outstanding cadet in question was on staff and did an amazing job...

Anyone who thinks I would allow a cadet at NBB to wear an unauthorized red beret, or anyone on beret staff for that matter, is crazy...

It's a blue beret...

Im sorry.... did anyone ask for an eye witness account from someone who was there when this photo was taken and who knows this cadet? You are ruining everything.  Please step back and let us tell you what it was that you saw.  You are dismissed.  >:D

NIN

Quote from: flyer333555 on September 06, 2013, 02:13:04 AM
The two cadets are so close together that anything affecting him should affect her equally...

thank you, Ansel.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

stillamarine

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 06, 2013, 04:44:56 PM
Quote from: NCRblues on September 06, 2013, 02:29:00 AM
For real?? Is this really going on...

Considering I was maybe MAYBE 30 foot away from the formation when this was taken, he was wearing a BLUE beret.... The outstanding cadet in question was on staff and did an amazing job...

Anyone who thinks I would allow a cadet at NBB to wear an unauthorized red beret, or anyone on beret staff for that matter, is crazy...

It's a blue beret...

Im sorry.... did anyone ask for an eye witness account from someone who was there when this photo was taken and who knows this cadet? You are ruining everything.  Please step back and let us tell you what it was that you saw.  You are dismissed.  >:D

Yes because Eye witnesses are not evidence. We had a robbery suspect picked out by 5 individual unrelated witnesses and the DA didn't want to give us a warrant cause he hasn't confessed.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

NIN

Quote from: stillamarine on September 06, 2013, 05:35:49 PM
Yes because Eye witnesses are not evidence. We had a robbery suspect picked out by 5 individual unrelated witnesses and the DA didn't want to give us a warrant cause he hasn't confessed.

I think Flying Pig was cracking wise.

Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

stillamarine

Quote from: NIN on September 06, 2013, 05:39:28 PM

Oh I know he was. I was just being bitter.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

CAPSGT

Quote from: NCRblues on September 05, 2013, 09:58:51 PM
It is a blue beret he has on.

The pin is the small st albuns pin that was discontinued after NBB 2007.

I wonder where he got that  8)  The larger pins first came out around 2005 IIRC.  I could be wrong, but I didn't think that it was an intentional change to the large ones, I think it was just made with the wrong dimensions and ordered in bulk.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Flying Pig

Quote from: stillamarine on September 06, 2013, 06:30:42 PM

Quote from: NIN on September 06, 2013, 05:39:28 PM

Oh I know he was. I was just being bitter.

Cops are always looking for a reason to vent ;)

arajca

Quote from: CAPSGT on September 06, 2013, 06:36:40 PM
Quote from: NCRblues on September 05, 2013, 09:58:51 PM
It is a blue beret he has on.

The pin is the small st albuns pin that was discontinued after NBB 2007.

I wonder where he got that  8)  The larger pins first came out around 2005 IIRC.  I could be wrong, but I didn't think that it was an intentional change to the large ones, I think it was just made with the wrong dimensions and ordered in bulk.
That could have been when they ran out of small ones.

RogueLeader

There is a rumor that a SM Maj was known to be wearing a Maroon beret at NBB.

Of course, he was a former army type dude that wore it in the RM, and only used it inside for proper teaching techniques. 
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

UH60guy

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 06, 2013, 07:37:12 PM

Of course, he was a former army type dude that wore it in the RM, and only used it inside for proper teaching techniques. 

Careful there... Sergeant Majors have learned to spot uniform deficiencies at 100 paces- tiny text ought to be no problem for them :)

Edit based on the noise of the point flying right over my head. You said SM Maj, I saw Sgt Maj. My bad- obviously my eyes are ruined from the squinting you forced upon me.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

Flying Pig

Quote from: UH60guy on September 06, 2013, 07:55:36 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on September 06, 2013, 07:37:12 PM

Careful there... Sergeant Majors have learned to spot uniform deficiencies at 100 paces- tiny text ought to be no problem for them :)
SM Maj is Senior Member Major.....  Im thinkin  Unless he really was a Sgt Maj