2011 Georgia Wing Encampment.

Started by exFlight Officer, November 08, 2010, 05:39:58 AM

elipod

sweet. did you have an interview beforehand? or did they just decide that..?
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

airtrekker5

Quote from: elipod on April 05, 2011, 12:25:31 AM
sweet. did you have an interview beforehand? or did they just decide that..?

Yes sir, they were just simple questions about my definition of leadership, and I was asked what qualities I could bring to the encampment, and asked if I had a digital camera, in which I answered no.

elipod

Alright. Good. Well, wish me luck if you want... :P

They haven't even contacted me yet for an interview.

WESSginger

Quote from: elipod on April 05, 2011, 06:09:57 PM

The have not contacted me either. What positionss are you applying for?
David Carriker, C/Capt, CAP
NESA staff #577/NBB Delta flight 2010/COS 2011 Flight 5

WESSginger

Quote from: WESSginger on April 05, 2011, 06:30:00 PM

The have not contacted me either. What positionss are you applying for?
I just checked the email and it said C/Col Hester was would send out the interview stuff about midweek.

airtrekker5

Absolutely, best of luck to you; I as well would like to know which positions you are applying for in case I find you that week.

elipod

I applied for Squadron Commander / Stand Eval.

What about you WESSginger?

WESSginger

Quote from: elipod on April 06, 2011, 12:47:54 PM
I applied for Squadron Commander / Stand Eval.

What about you WESSginger?
Flight commander and somthing else I don't remeber what. I was filling out the apps for GA and the AL/MS wing encampment so don't remember what all I put down. Are you going to the staff training weekend?

elipod

That would probably be a NO. Georgia is a LONG way from Pennsylvania. However, if my brother, Lt Col Bendele, gets the position of Group Commander, then probably yes.

How about you?

WESSginger

It depends. On the Web site it says they are having it at some squadron. If it was at Robbinsob AFB I could probable do it. My dad was stationed there and I was going to stay with fam friends the night before. But if it somewhere else in GA it will be a no go from my parents.

exFlight Officer

--PING--

ALL Senior and Cadet Staff have now been chosen!

BASIC Cadet and ATF (Advanced Training Flight) Applications are On-Going!

Cadets who have attended one or more encampment are encouraged to apply for the Advanced Training Flight!  More information here:  http://www.gaencampment2011.org/documents/ATF.pdf

UPCOMING EVENTS:

3-5 JUNE -- PIPER (Line Staff Training) in Clayton County, GA.
25  JUNE -- Required Staff Training (ALL Senior and Cadet Staff). Robins Air Force Base.

26 JUNE - 2 JULY  --  2011 Georgia Wing Encampment!

Please see the 2011 Georgia Wing Encampment webpage for more information: http://www.gaencampment2011.org/

Rowan

jkimb0422 - Will cadets attending the GAWG encampment be required to have wing patches on their BDUs?  We're waiting for the new GA Wing patch to become available for purchase, but if they're not available in time for encampment, do we have to scramble to find old wing patches?

Thanks.

tatumrd

Usually it is a requirement at encampments. But I'll leave that up to you sir
C/Lt Col Ryan Tatum

jkimb0422

If the patches become available before Encampment, you are welcome to wear them.  However, for this encampment, the Old patch will be acceptable.

There are some exciting announcements about Helicopter O-Flights and a large Dining-Out with parent invitations on the official Encampment Web Site

Also, "Friend" the 2011 GAWG Encampment at our Facebook page.  See the link at the official web site

Eclipse

Quote from: jkimb0422 on May 17, 2011, 12:32:21 AM
Also, "Friend" the 2011 GAWG Encampment at our Facebook page.  See the link at the official web site

Why?

"That Others May Zoom"

jkimb0422

The absolute deadline for applications is June 18, 2011.  We must give our complete list of cadets and staff to Robins AFB by June 21.  If you are planning to attend the GA Wing Summer Encampment, get your applications in ASAP.  The Advanced Training Flight is already full

phoenix212

Anybody know what the training schedule is for the PIPER weekend?
"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self restraint enough to keep from meddling while they do it" - Theodore Roosevelt

exFlight Officer

--PING--

We currently have 41 Basic slots still available!

Please see the 2011 Georgia Wing Encampment webpage for more information: http://www.gaencampment2011.org/

nicktavegia

I attended ATF at this years Georgia Wing Encampment.  Awesome! Captain Collins is an excellent teacher, great leader and lots of fun. 

Fix Bayonets!
Semper Vigilans,
C/MSgt Nicholas Tavegia
Flight Sergeant Bartow Etowah Composite Squadron
Cadet of the Quarter