Main Menu

Continuity Books?

Started by LtCol057, October 05, 2008, 07:29:04 PM

LtCol057

Does anyone have a template or sample continuity book?  I want to have all my staff officers make a continuity book so when the time comes, we won't have to start from day one all over again.
I had one when I was Wg Personnel Officer, but when I left, the only thing I left with was a bad taste in my mouth for wing.  I even left my office chair that I paid for with personal funds. 

RADIOMAN015

Basically at the squadron level our continuity book is the 02, 09 indexes, and applicable regulations/policy letters for the position.  Along with the appropriate professional development regulation for that position.  Furthermore, the latest SUI checklist, along with the last inspection/writeups.   I would imagine that depending upon the position you could add some additional local information, e.g. contact points for certain activities, historic/current planning calendar, current projects being worked on, & lessons learned summaries from past projects, etc.... 
To a certain extent this again adds to the cost of a unit operations, because you have to print out (or copy from the unit master regulation file) each time a regulation/policy letter is revised/received.   

RADIOMAN

DrDave

A good place to start is the SUI Guide that spells out specifically what the standard requirements are for each position.

In fact, continuity books often start out as "SUI notebooks" developed by the staff officer for their position, then passed on as needed.

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Trouble

Quote from: LtCol057 on October 05, 2008, 07:29:04 PM
Does anyone have a template or sample continuity book?  I want to have all my staff officers make a continuity book so when the time comes, we won't have to start from day one all over again.
I had one when I was Wg Personnel Officer, but when I left, the only thing I left with was a bad taste in my mouth for wing.  I even left my office chair that I paid for with personal funds. 

Here is a link to a document I have used before, in fact I found it through www.CompanyCommand.com years ago. Its nice to see it on CAWGs website.

http://cawg.cap.gov/html/Pa/bucb.pdf

Chris Pumphrey, Capt. CAP
MD-023

(C/FO ret.)

Chappie

Just to give some ideas...but this is what I have used:

Chaplain Management Transmission File

A management transmission file is a tool for ensuring continuity ("corporate memory") in the chaplain program. With one exception (noted below), the file stays with the unit even when a chaplain leaves so that a new chaplain can pick up where the previous chaplain left off, even if there is a long break in service. Overall guidance for maintaining files is located in CAPR 10-2, Files Maintenance and Records Disposition. The unit administrative officer may be of additional assistance.

The following list of items for the chaplain management transmission file applies to all units.

a. Copy of CAPR 265-1, CAP Chaplain Service
b. Copy of CAPP 265-1, "Want to Be Part of a Select Group of Civic-Minded Religious Leaders?"
c. Copy of current "Flight Time" - Values for Living curriculum
d. Copy of CAPP 265-4, Chaplain Service Handbook
e. File of completed CAPF 34, Chaplain Statistical Report
f. Copies of the newsletter from the National Chief of the Chaplain Service's office
g. Copies of the wing chaplain's newsletter
h. Copies of the region chaplain's newsletter
i. Copies of all professional (not personal) correspondence sent to or received from higher headquarters (wing, region, or national)
j. Project folders for chaplain activities (including after action reports)
k. The goals, objectives, and metrics for the current year's unit chaplain program

I have also included the most recent MML/STR, NHQ and Chaplain Service Directories, a CD with folders for "Forms" (that will be useful); "Presentations" (PPT presentations for SLS/CLC/UCC - Wing Conferences - Service Clubs - etc.), "Publications" (all the manuals, pamphlets, regs that apply to the Chaplain Service, Professional Development and the three-fold missions (Cadet Programs, AE, ES) -- pertinent to how these are conducted so that Chaplains can participate effectively; "Graphics" (used for newsletters and presentations).
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)