Main Menu

Cough CPR

Started by chiles, March 04, 2008, 06:29:36 PM

chiles

Totally off topic but I once had a friend who was a volunteer EMT-P. He did one of those "bite the needle cap off" methods. Sadly, it was filled with epi and a drop hit his tongue. He woke up a bit later and had learned a valuable lesson on the proper way to remove a needle cap.
Maj Christopher Hiles, MS, RN BSN, CAP
Commander
Ft McHenry Composite Squadron
Health Services Officer
Maryland Wing
Mitchell: 43417
Wilson: 2878

DrDave

Couldn't watch the first season of "ER".  Would pace the floor in front of the TV yelling orders!  (No joke, my wife will attest.)

My favorite from "ER" was no one stabilizes the endotrachial tubes after a patient is intubated (breathing tube down the throat) -- just flings around in the breeze!

They did get one thing right -- all the female EKG techs were always hotties on the show, dressed up to meet their doctor husband ...

Dr. Dave
(Who would love to say the things Dr. House says to his patients, but can't)
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

SJFedor

Quote from: DrDave on March 11, 2008, 03:31:52 AM
Couldn't watch the first season of "ER".  Would pace the floor in front of the TV yelling orders!  (No joke, my wife will attest.)

I didn't watch ER too much, but when I did, and they were dropping a tube on someone, I never ever remember the docs ordering RSI drugs.

Every time I watch those shows, I usually end up yelling at the TV at least once. My girlfriend doesn't let me watch them anymore.

But, if you watch Trauma: Life in the ER on Discovery Health, every now and then you see my hospital  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

flyerthom

Quote from: SJFedor on March 08, 2008, 05:40:54 PM
Well....if you coughed hard enough to knock loose the occlusion.....

Great, more morons are going to walk (or roll) into my ER with CP x2 days, and tell us they've been coughing to try and make it go away. Forget nitro, forget baby asprin, forget plavix, just cough!

Freakin' A.

We get paid to cheat Darwin.
TC