Squadron Insignia Storage

Started by kcebnaes, February 24, 2020, 06:46:09 PM

kcebnaes

We are in the process of upgrading some of our physical storage to condense our various cadet and senior member insignia. Right now, we have a couple of older tackle boxes, but need a higher capacity to store it all.

What do y'all use? What might be a good option to make it fairly portable, but also sturdy, and with room for things like: cadet rank insignia, ribbons, ribbon racks, and other smaller items like that.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

jhighman

Hi Sean,

When I was commander of OH-085, we kept a large tackle box. The one I bought was flexible so we could make more or fewer cubicles as needed. For Seniors, all we really needed were larger deeper slots to hold epaulets. The medium compartments were good for plastic encased and embroidered. The lower section below the tray insert was plenty of open space for cap devices, squadron patches, and other miscellany. I'm not sure if it's still there but it worked great.

kcebnaes

Do you have any pictures, or a brand name at all? I'd love to check it out!
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

NC Hokie

Ribbons, insignia, and small ribbon bars (1,2 or 3 ribbons) are kept in a hardware organizer at my squadron, with the larger ribbon racks bagged together by size and kept in a shoebox on top of the hardware organizer. A label maker makes quick work of identifying what's in each drawer.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hardware+organizer&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy